Friday, January 2, 2015

I'm Completely Mental, I Must Say

Pretty damn good for only an hour of chopping! Six Servings
Today we head back to Northwestern Medical Center to see the doctor to make sure Cha Cha is cleared to go back to work next week. She seemed to be doing pretty well until yesterday at about 1530. She started getting a sever pain in her lower abdomen again. I was making the chopped salad and she was very excited about that; we are fairly simple
people and we get excited over simple things. Her pain came back while I was chopping the veggies for the chopped salad. So, I ended up making her Lipton Chicken Soup/broth. There is LOTS more salad for when she feels better and I only used half of the ingredients so "plenty more where that came from." It is delicious if I must say so myself; even Fabio liked it. So, I suppose Cha Cha can ask the doctor about her latest problem while we are in the city. She was concerned that maybe her stent had been in too long but everything that we have read and they have told us says that stents can remain inside people without problems for three months; she has had hers for about two months (maybe a bit longer but less than three months). She said that she was okay as long as she didn't move - not very practical. I checked on her off-and-on all night long again. Maybe having Splenda home was the medicine that Jill needed but, the day after she left to go back south, Cha Cha needed more "medicine." Even though I tried to do most everything holiday-related maybe the holidays were just too much for her.

I am really mentally and slightly physically tired. I watched Saving Private Ryan again the other night for about the 15th time when I could not sleep. Not to minimize what they went through or the prices they paid but, I feel as exhausted as the soldiers who stormed Normandy Beach must have been on D-Day plus two. I thought this was over and now I am not completely convinced.

I found a bright shiny 2014 penny on New Years Eve in our garage on the step coming into the house. I didn't know they were still making pennies. I further didn't know that they changed the design of the penny. I was happy to see it still has the face of one of the Presidents from my MIDDLEwestern state on the front. The back has a shield on it. Lincoln seems like he was probably a pretty good old boy. The penny was heads-up when I found it. Isn't that supposed to be lucky? So far Abe hasn't been so honest with the luck; come on Mr. Lincoln I am counting on you.

Wow, time really got away from me. It is already 0824 and we are leaving for Chicago in six minutes. I am ready and waiting. Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully good news about Cha Cha the next time I blog. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment