Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Roy Rogers and Shirley Temple - What a Duo

Come on in. It don't cost nuthin'
It is really weird having no women in the house; it is just me, Fabio and Jeff. That sounds like a bad 1970's sitcom - Fabio, Jeff & Me. It is not a very entertaining show so it would probably be a mid-season replacement and get cancelled after five episodes. Maybe it is because of the title. We'll fine-tune it before we work-up the treatment. We should probably work on the plot too because it is just about a guy who works, shovels snow and does household chores living with his son who goes to school, works his part-time job and plays video games and the lovable mutt that controls them both. Maybe they should be secret crime fighters and the boring facade is just a genius cover. Maybe it should be a reality show? Bad premises seem to be okay if you throw the word "reality" in there. I must admit that the home seems a lot nicer with Cha Cha here. It kind of went from Little House to Animal House.

I am still entertaining going to Florida. I check for decent flights several times a day. I found one that was about $380 round-trip but the flight there takes 8 hours and 26 minutes to fly from Chicago to Orlando with a layover in Dallas. I could drive to Orlando in about 15 hours - seriously. Upisde to flying is that I could sleep. I wonder how much a limo to Florida would be? Maybe if I were going to be there for more than 42 hours it would make more sense. I think I will quit talking about it and just keep looking for a flight that makes sense to me. I don't know why I am being so picky. I wonder if money is really the issue; we have plenty of money so it should not be an issue. I didn't live through The Great Depression. I could just stay home and go see the Chicago Blackhawks play the Winnipeg Jets Friday night. I guess I thought about Jets when I was looking for flights.
This might just be called a knife huh?

While driving around in the MIDDLE of the night and seeing fuel prices at $1.89 per gallon in my town I thought "what a crock" that is. Nobody is travelling right now because it is the MIDDLE of the winter. Just wait until the weather turns and Spring Break happens and families are looking to take vacations. Watch the prices soar then. I use the word "soar" and now I am thinking about flights again.

Is it possible to get one scissor or just one pant or a single tweezer or do they all only come in pairs?

I have started a diet again. Sitting around hospitals off-and-on (mostly on) for the past two-and-a-half months has packed the LB's on me. I think I have gained about 20 pounds over that time. The things we do for love. I already started to eat better and I will begin working-out again on my weekend. Because of Cha Cha not being able to drink alcohol I have already quit all booze in support of her. I know how to lose weight as I once lost 84 pounds but knowing how to do something and doing it is totally different. Maybe I will go back to Weight Watchers again; that helped a lot. Being accountable and competition (eve if in my own mind) were big motivators for me then. I will get the 20 pounds off by April and then it will be nicer outside so I can get more intense with the exercise. We have free-weights, a weight machine, a treadmill and a stationary bike in the basement and that is where I will begin. Blogging about my progress will hep too - more accountability. There are all these crazy diets; maybe I should start the Blogging Diet?
Now we need to come up with a Cha Cha
Speaking of drinking - Cha Cha was telling me how weird it is being at a national meeting for work and not drinking. She says she feels like some people look at here and think she is against drinking and she is being judgmental (both of which could not be further from the truth) and then she will get something that looks like a drink (tonic with a lime for instance) and people will look at her like, "I thought you weren't supposed to drink." If you are there with her and you read this know that no MATTer what she has in her hand she is not drinking alcohol. She has been ordering Shirley Temples (lemon-lime and maraschino cherry juice or grenadine) and Roy Rogers (same as a Shirley Temple but with cola in place of the lemon-lime). Nice thing is they can both come in diet forms to though places do not normally have diet lemon-lime I would imagine. Will they laugh at me in bars when I begin ordering Diet Roy Rogers in bars? Do I care? Drinking alcohol really is not that big of a deal with us. The only time I would say that drinking seemed important was when we were in college; how else do you think I could get a girl like Cha Cha to marry a schlub like me?

Wow, I started this with what I thought was nothing to say and I said it with gusto. I think Fabio and I may head over to Buffalo Wild Wings (where I will have a salad or the Buffalitos). According to Dottie's Weightloss Zone the BWW Buffalitos are only eight Weigh Watchers' points and I have only had six points today (a Lean Cuisine for breakfast). I will still be able to have something to eat before I go to work (or take something with me and eat it in the MIDDLE of your night). Cha Cha hates Buffalo Wild Wings. She rarely wants to go there so we almost always go there when she is gone. Thank you for stopping-in. You will probably get bored with me talking about weight loss soon but just know you will be helping me with my accountability; thank you in advance for that too. Have a great "your Tuesday" night and "my Thursday." TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment