Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Blogger Blogs (and tries to keep his word when convenient)

Spoiler Alert - U.S. President #'s 44, 45 & 46
I said that I would blog tomorrow yesterday which is today today and it is only 2154 so, whether it is "published" by midnight or not, I have officially blogged tomorrow from yesterday. Cha Cha and I are at a hotel kitty corner from Northwestern Memorial Hospital where we will spend a great part of the morning and probably a portion of the afternoon tomorrow. Luckily, her procedure was scheduled on a Friday so I do not have to use any more of my COMP time right now. In case I have not said it toooo many times already or you are new here - Thursdays and Fridays are my weekends. Anyway, Jill is fast asleep next to me. That is good because it is much easier to have "nothing to eat or drink after midnight" if you are asleep. In the morning she will finally have the stent removed from her gutty wutz. You can tell we have been married too long when once, in a hotel, one of us goes to sleep and the other one blogs.

We walked up Michigan Avenue (The Miracle Mile) and had dinner before her food ban began. I really do love this city. Thanks Obama's former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel! There is so much to do here. I am not a big fan of the city tax, however. I think the cold air and walking is helping Cha Cha sleep. It could be the pills they gave her to relax tonight before tomorrow too I suppose. I would look for those pills too but I have to be Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in the morning and get us across the street in time.

If you read the blogs I wrote from when I was driving in and out of the city to take care of / be with Jill in November and December you remember that it usually took me about an hour to get here from home. Tonight it took us three-and-a-half hours to get here. The snow was terrible and the blowing made the roads entirely snow-filled. There is no way plows could have removed the snow because there were cars everywhere. Once we got half way here we didn't get above 20 miles per hour hardly at all. Most of the way we were going about 12 - 15 miles per hour. I bet we got better gas mileage though. One time driving home when Jill was a hospital resident I found myself traveling 106 miles per hour so, I was driving nearly 100 miles per hours above what I was doing today. Believe it or not, I felt safer driving 106 then than I did driving 15 tonight.

I wrote some really great notes on my pad in the car while driving in. I had LOTS of time to take notes at 15 mph. I left the darn notebook in the car. I had dropped Jill off at the door of the hotel, because chivalry is not dead, and went and parked on the Johnny Mathis level of the parking deck. I had three bags to carry over from the parking deck and forgot my notepad. This should make it easy for me to blog tomorrow while she is in surgery. I would go get the notebook but I am in my pajamas and we are on the 21st floor of the hotel. Not that I would have to walk down 21 flights but I am trying to convince myself to stay here rather than going back out into the cold so near Lake Michigan. This is where the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald happened you know! Okay, that was Lake Superior and this is Lake Michigan but she was a Great Lakes freighter and I am confident that she traveled by here back in her day since one of the five Great Lakes is within eyeshot of here. How come earshot is a word but eyeshot is not? Maybe because of A Christmas Story (a film whose exterior "shots" were filmed in Cleveland Ohio which is on the Detroit River which connects a couple of the Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Huron). Weird! (but I am working on it) This hotel is on Huron. Weirder!!

It is almost 2300 and I should try to sleep because who knows how my special set of skills of being a pest, an agitator and the muscle will be needed tomorrow. I will try to remember to write about that French journalist contacting me again about Bob Odenkirk and me having some revelations about my novel/movie script or whatever it will become (maybe just something for me to waste time with once Jill is 100% again). Thanks a lot for reading the blog today and whenever you can. I really appreciate you and I hear so many nice things from Jill about what her friends say about my writing. Also for all of you who continue to encourage me to keep writing. A writer writes, Always! TTTT sometime...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment