Friday, January 23, 2015

Chewing the Fat - LITERALLY


Yesterday, after I got done blogging, I went out and ran some errands as I said I would. I went to the closest supermarket (the one Fabio works at) to get a few things. While there I looked for some pipe bones for Jeff. They are actually just bones left over from the butchering and they leave a little fat/meat on them for dogs. I had purchased them there every week for close to a year after getting a tip from a dude at the dog park. They keep Jeff occupied and make his teeth whiter than white since we cannot get him to brush regularly. They have not had any of these bones for weeks and they didn't have any yesterday. I always ask the butchers and I always get answers like "we should be having some again soon..." So, I decided to drive across town to check the butcher shop in town that we like. They had hundreds of them in their freezer. Now Jeff is happily chewing the fat (not a pun in this case) and sharpening his teeth so he is prepared for the world domination of the dogs. Planet of the Apes was originally supposed to be Planet of the Pooches. Apes were much more marketable than dogs back in the 1960's and 70's so they went that way instead.

While driving to the butcher I noticed that gas prices have risen about 12 cents per gallon over the last few days to $1.92 a gallon in my town. Granted, a few months ago there would have been lines around the block for that but I get spoiled quickly. While I arrived at the butcher shop I saw the gas station next to the butcher had fuel for $1.81. I quickly pulled-in and filled-up because I was worried they would find out what was going on over on the other side of town and raise their price while I was in the store. The Fiat's tank was nearly empty and I filled the tank for $15. I am starting to sound like some old codger that lived through The Great Depression when I am actually some MIDDLE-aged codger living through The Great Anxiety (patent/trademark/copyright pending).
It's superhero laundry day and I am their bitch

Today is laundry day and the machines are already fully humming. I like doing laundry because most of the time is just spent listening to the machines hum. There is something relaxing about the water crashing and swishing and the warmth of the dryer; it's kind of like being at the beach. Then there is the folding and sorting and starting the next load. Maybe we will soon be recording some new Dirty Laundry Podcasts too? We are kind of taking this hiatus to restructure the studio and the audio equipment before we make a huge come-back. That gives you time to listen to some of the old shows if you are so inclined. You think I am annoying here - you ain't HEARD nuttin yet.

I am hungry. I think I am going to go cook some peas or broccoli. It is so much more fun getting fat than it is getting un-fat.That is not to say that I do not like vegetables because I like almost all of them. In case you are keeping score at home I do not like: cucumbers (though I love pickles), eggplant, green, yellow and red peppers (though I love jalapenos, pepperoncinis, banana peppers), okra, almost all beans (though they are okay as fillers for the most part). There are probably more but these are the ones that come to mind. Since I know it is of utmost importance that you know my vegetable likes and dislikes I will let you know if I think of others that I like. Today's blog is becoming like a mini Facebook with me telling you things that you could not possibly care less about.
Based on this photo I guess I like more peppers than I knew
Hey, my rambling may just have solved a question from yesterday's blog. I think the person who decided what colors are on the traffic signals (red, yellow and green) must have been a pepper lover. There are no blue peppers so the blue light idea was forgotten. At least law enforcement utilized the blue lights on their vehicles.

I know it is only 0921 but I feel like taking a nap. This is my Sunday and isn't that what people do on Sunday when the rest of the world is doing something else? The washer and dryer will let me know when they are ready for more attention with their bells and whistles and jingles and such. I am trying to blog myself into napping aren't I? Okay, I can work that out on my own. Thank you for stopping-in today. I hope you have a great Friday. I will blog again tomorrow. I hope it isn't a sad blog about how Morton's ruined my new food program - I will beat Morton's! TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzzout) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment