Saturday, January 24, 2015

Go Cubs!!!! Probably the OnlyTime I WIl Every Type or Say That

Just be happy that I don't break wind
Am I the only one who accidentally dials somebody at least once a week? It used to be known as butt dialing but phones have changed so much that butt dialing would almost have to be intentional to occur these days. Actually, I don't even know if it would be possible to butt dial unless you were extremely talented and work in the adult entertainment business. I usually am scrolling through my instant messages when I linger on one name too long or hit it weird and then it starts dialing. I immediately stop the call but it must go through instantly because most of the time people call me back but I am already texting or on another call. If I call you and I am not there when you answer just know that it was accidental. I still like you or your name would not be on my phone but I am probably trying to do something else and I may not answer when you call me back to find out why I Crank Yanked you. I just did it a moment ago which is why I am writing this. I hope you were not at work or in a library or driving or something - you know who you are.

Last night Cha Cha and I watched a movie on Netflix called Get Low starring Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, Lucas Black, Gerald McRaney... It was a film that Netflix suggested based on my rating films that I have watched. It predicted that I would give it five out of five stars. As predicted, I gave it five out of five stars. I would not call it action packed rather more cerebral just like us I guess.
I know this is Hawaii but it's just like a foreign country

I am a guy who always has something on "in the background." I always have the radio or the iPod (actually the phone these days) or Pandora or the television. Right now I have the television on and there is a show called Citizen U.S.A.: A 50-State Road Trip on as background noise. It is a documentary about people from other countries becoming American citizens. It is really interesting to listen to various people who have come from just about every country on Earth to become citizens here talk about the freedoms that we take for granted and complain about every day. I must admit I complain a lot about every day life but I know that it could be a lot worse living in almost any other country on Earth. I can think of a handful of the world's 195ish countries that I think would be better to live in but, once there, I would probably complain about living there too. The grass is always greener... I think I would prefer Canada or England. And then I think maybe places like Fiji and Exuma (Bahamas) but I would probably miss the many things that we take for granted here.

Dinner at Morton's Steak House was very nice last night. I do not eat red meat and I am watching what I am eating very closely, mainly for weight reasons, but I love a good challenge so much so that I am a member of their rewards program or club or whatever I have this card for. I had the salmon mixed grill dinner. It had a salmon steak topped with crab meat, and three grilled shrimp and two baked stuffed shrimp. We also ordered a side of grilled asparagus that we all shared. Oh yeah, Cha Cha and I shared a chopped salad. The great thing about the chopped salad was that they made our salads separately because I did not want bacon or cucumbers in my salad yet we were charged for one chopped salad. I had only had peas and broccoli during the day in preparation for the food. Fabio, of course had steak. Because it was his birthday he got a free dessert too. It was some kind of baked apple pie thing. Our server took his dessert order with the dinner order because many of the desserts, like the one he chose, take about 30 minutes to prepare. Dinner was very good. It would have been great if I were thinner and would have ordered differently. I always like going here because I feel like I am in a scene from Goodfellas or something. I had received a card in the mail a couple of years ago for $100 off a meal at Morton's as a member of their club. I am not sure if that came because of money we spent there or just for being a member. I have eaten here  a few times and didn't present my card (rookie move I guess) to get my points or whatever they call them. Anyway, the gift card stated that I had to spend it in the month of my birthday. My birthday is in September and this was sent to me a couple of years ago but what did I have to lose? Our bill (with no alcohol) was $211 and they took the $100 of the card off. So, after I gave the dude a $40 tip, it was still only $151. I guess that is two week's worth of groceries but how many times does Fabio turn 18?

Now that weirdo jerk egomaniac Gene Simmons (from KISS) is on television talking about becoming an American citizen. Thankfully they only spoke with him for about 30 seconds. Now I am thinking maybe we should be a bit more selective in who we let become citizens.

I am going to say/type something that most people who know me will be shocked to hear/see me type. I hope the Chicago Cubs win the World Series this upcoming season. I am a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan and the Cubs are our mortal enemies but with Ernie Banks (Mr. Cub) dying yesterday I think it would add to his legacy like he made it happen from wherever legends go when they leave this world. The only thing that I would regret is all of the marketing and items expressing this sentiment that the vultures would produce to profit from his death. I have always been a fan of Banks. Also, Back to the Future predicted that the Cubs would win the World Series in 2015. After that the Cubs can go back to being the Cardinals' doormat. Another thing that makes me not want to happen is the obnoxious fans. I do admire their passion and sticking with a perennial losing team though.

It is back to work tonight for me (my Monday). Enjoy your weekend if you are a typical (M-F) week worker. Thank you for spending part of your weekend with me. I think I am going to go to the store now before the rest of the town wakes up. TTTMonday...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment