Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Double-Blog Dare Ya!

These are few of my favorite days
Today our 6' 6" baby boy is 18-years-old. This date in 1997 was one the five best days of my life. In chronological order those dates are: September 14, 1963 (the day I was born), August 12, 1964 (the day Jill/Cha Cha was born), April 30, 1988 (the day Cha Cha and I got hitched), February 5, 1992 (the day Chloe/Splenda was born) and January 22, 1997 (the day Fabio/Noah was born). I know I cried at least on four of those days and, most likely, on all five of these days. Pretty soon it will just be me and little mother (I stole that from Jill's grandpa Loren) and we will wonder why the kids never call or come to see us. I am fine with that as long as they are having great lives and doing what they love. If they ever need us we will always be there for them.

While I was driving around last night I had a thought that I am surprised that I have never had before. Maybe I have. I thought to myself, "Self, why are traffic lights green, yellow and red?" Who decided that? Shouldn't they be blue, yellow and red - the primary colors? Why green on instead of blue? Maybe because the sky is blue and a blue light may be difficult to see with a blue background? If you're gonna go with a secondary color why not purple or orange? Orange is too close to red and yellow maybe. Purple then!
I am in a really good mood today. I know that my work week just ending hours ago has a lot to do with that. It may have to do with me still being tired. I have to think that it has most to do with me conjuring-up all the old memories of the five best moments in my life a couple of paragraphs ago. I firmly believe that the power of the mind plays a huge part in our wellness and personal happiness. I was never much of a Loverboy fan, though I didn't hate them, but they really go it right when they sang "everybody's' working for the weekend." The Kings also captured it when they sang "nothing MATTers but the weekend" in This Beat Goes On/Switching to Glide. I have always liked that song a great deal. I have to imagine that one thing that people worldwide have in common is an appreciation to rest after work. I know that means many different things to many different people but I am a simpleton and I take it at face value.

Fabio is home from school for the day (until he goes to work); he only has to go to school for half-days for the rest of his high school career. He took several summer classes before his Freshman year and subsequent summers and he could even graduate early if he wanted to but what is the hurry? There is less pressure knowing that you could graduate now if you wanted to. It sounds like he may have decided to start his post high school career where Cha Cha and I first met and fell in like. It is funny that he is going to start at Waubonsee Community College and Splenda goes to school where Cha Cha and I transferred after community college (Southern Illinois University). Those decisions were both theirs' alone but I have to believe hearing us talk about our good times at those places and seeing our amazing relationship must have seeped-in. Maybe that is how legacies begin?
I had cole slaw instead of the taters

It is now 1439. Fabio came home from school because he only has half days for the rest of his high school career and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. I had Buffalitos and cole slaw - work great for my diet. Fabio has to work in about 75 minutes or so. We are thinking about going to Morton's Steakhouse tomorrow night for his real birthday dinner because he actually has a Friday night off this week. I am already looking at their menu to see what I want to eat to stay within my current health regimen. It does not appear that they were designed for people like me who are watching their girlish figures; I will make due and find something. I will just eat veggies tomorrow during the day prior to going as I can eat all of those I want without cutting in on my program. Maybe I will just get something and bring home half of it for the next day? I just called and we have a reservation. I will not say what time in case there is another hit out on me but I always sit with my back to the wall and I will be facing the door. Also, there is always a heater placed behind the toilet before I get there and a sawed-off attached to the bottom of the table aimed at your nether region. Also, I am not that fat - I have Kevlar on underneath my outerwear. So, don;t waste your time.  Also, you don't now who else in the place is on my payroll. I hope we get Stacee as our server; she is the best! I know she would have my back if the lead started flying too. Oops, that may give away the restaurant location. Oh well, some fireworks with dinner might be fun.
Amateur move sitting in the MIDDLE of the restaurant like that flatfoot
I am going to wrap-up. I have a few more errands to run and I may take a nap before Cha Cha gets home. I only slept for about four hours when I got off work and I am a bit sleepy. I have been writing today's blog off-and-on for about eight hours. You'd think it would be better with that much time put-in to it wouldn't you? Thanks for humoring me by reading the blog. I will blog again tomorrow while eating my veggies. Have a great night and thank you for stopping in. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment