Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I Prefer Blowing!

This is going to be a quick one. I cannot imagine your sadness by that.

It is already 1509 and I have to be at work at 2000. I think I wrote yesterday that I had to work at 1800 tonight but, luckily I found out in time, that I was incorrect. I guess at least I would have been early rather than late. But it would have screwed up my potential sleep even more than usual. I am happy to go in early and be INSIDE for training for two hours because it is supposed to be 35 degrees BELOW ZERO (windchill) tonight. So that takes it down to only six hours potentially outside all night and then I get an hour break so five hours in the elements max. But, most likely, I will be  in a vehicle for most of that time so, good for me. I just have to get a few hours of sleep before I go in.

As soon as I got home this morning I had to clear the snow from the driveway. I would say that we had about four inches. That is not a usual guy rounding-up of inches I really think there was four inches. I am so glad that I took the snow blower in this summer and had it serviced. I had problems with it for the last couple of years and spent those winters shoveling rather than blowing. I prefer blowing.

While I was at the store just a few minutes ago it dawned on me that fashion goes right out the window when winter arrives. I wish we could all dress like grungy slobs and be comfortable all the time. Okay, maybe I do that most of the time anyway but I am happy to see when people realize that my fashion choices are really the way that it should be. Posers!
It is so simple and only takes a moment 

I noticed the last time we were at Northwestern Hospital (Friday) that only about 38% of the people in Chicago say "thank you." That is an arbitrary number but I believe it is close if not completely accurate. I hold doors and let people go ahead of me and pick things up for people if they drop things... and most of these people don't even say thank you. It will not change me but it is disheartening. We are going back to Chicago for the stent removal in a couple of days and I will try to get a more accurate percentage for my field research.

Last night I ran into a lady/girl/woman I used to work with at a concert/sports arena in the area. She told me about how she read the blog when Jill was so sick. She said that she doesn't really know Jill but she was mesmerized and feels like she knows her. Jill also said that just about everybody was reading the blog at her work. That makes a lot of sense as they were worried about Jill and that was a daily account of her life/and near-death. I wonder how many people still read the blog. If you need a blogger for a child's birthday party or a holiday get-together I am available for hire. Nothing is beneath my sweet blogging skills. Seriously, I am touched that so many people were so concerned with Jill's well-being. It was kind of an It's a Wonderful Life moment for Jill I think. None of us realize how may people's lives we touch until something like this happens. It is really heartwarming and maybe I will use those thoughts when I am outside in the 35 degrees below zero tonight.

Okay, I have to sleep. All of the driveway cleaning and shopping and cleaning and work last night have made me sleepy. I will be able to sleep from 1600 -  1900 before I head back to work. Thank you for stopping-by. If your are in the MIDDLEwest stay inside and warm tonight. I cannot practice what I blog unfortunately. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment