Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Survival of the Slobbist

Guess what day it is, guess what day it is! Hump-day is one of my favorite days of the week. I bet your Friday is one of your favorite days too. As good as it is it would/will probably better if I had/do find a reasonable flight to Orlando. It has been more about the quest and less about the actual finding the flight I think. I am about 80% certain that I am not going to Florida tomorrow. As I have been thinking about it I think it may even be nice having a relatively uneventful weekend.
Jeff and I putting on the feedbag 

The birds have not been coming around for the past three of days. I believe it has been too cold even for them. The feeder had remained full for that entire time. I think it may have even been to cold for the bird. The ones who do not come to eat from the feeder do not realize how important they are. The smaller birds will land on the feeder and begin eating the seed. I have found that small birds are kind of hyperactive and are slobs; they are what I picture King Henry VIII being like. However, without their slobbiness the doves would not eat so well. When I fill the feeder I sprinkle some seed on the ground as well because the doves will just land on the ground beneath the feeder and eat the seeds that the small slobs above spray all over the ground. I am happy the food chain is back in order today. 

It is 1337 and I just ate my breakfast. Since breakfast means "breaking the fast" I think that the first meal you eat after a significant amount of time (like while you're sleeping) is called breakfast even if it is around the time people most eat their lunch or dinner or whatever they eat midday. It is morning somewhere in the world and maybe that is where my stomach lives. I did very well on the diet yesterday and today I just had a Lean Cuisine Tortilla Crusted Fish dinner. I really do not like the word diet. It seems to have a temporary connotation and it has to be a way of life or one will slip back like I did. I think I used the being in the hospital with Cha Cha as an excuse to just eat what I wanted. I could have made smarter choices while eating and I have several ideas of why I didn't. 
Been sleeping good - I ain't lion

I have noticed that I have been sleeping better with Cha Cha gone. It isn't because she is a bed hog or snores or anything because those things don't happen. It has a lot to do with me working nights and, for most of my life, I have been conditioned to sleep nights and be awake during the days. Cha Cha has always told be that I should take something to help me sleep but I feel guilty sleeping during the days. I have a problem with feeling like I need to be all things to all people all the time and I feel that if I am sleeping and my services are needed for anything I want to be prepared to act. I know this is a ridiculous philosophy and neurotic but I have lots of mental issues like that. I think I must have been some kind of servant throughout history in my past lives and it is ingrained in my psyche. I have a weird ability to wake-up and have over 80% of my faculties immediately. Granted my 80% is probably like most peoples' 50%  but I can only play with the cards I have have been dealt. After I got home for the last three days I have been taking the ZzzQuill she had suggested and that stuff works pretty good. I sleep soundly for about six hours (about three of four more than I have slept historically) and wake-up with no residual effects at all. I just wake -up well-rested. Maybe I have to dull my conscience and neurosis.

I am going to wrap-up because I am having intermittent WiFi issues and it may be too late if I do not post right now. Thank you for stopping by. I am fairly certain I will blog tomorrow. Even if, on a slim chance that I go to Florida, I will have time while in the air to blog. TTTT (probably from here in the cold Midwest)...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment