Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I Blog in Your General Direction

The album cover doesn't paint a very hopeful portrait
It's 1228 and Cha Cha just left for the train. She really wishes that I could go with her to Northwestern today to be with her when she hears the news of her liver. I think that may have been one of Queen's albums - News of the Liver. It seems she wanted me there for many reasons. Moral support, of course, was the biggest reason but I think the fact that I know the hospital and all of the buildings there so well is another big part of why she wishes I were going with her. It never really dawned on me that, even though she has spent more hours there that I have, her time was usually spent in rooms (patient, operating, examining...). I really wish I could go too but I used up so much of my time-off and, if we want to have any kind of vacation this summer, I had better keep some of my time in the bank. I love travelling alone but she has never had the occasion to get comfortable with it. She did very well with it on her recent work trip to Florida. I have a feeling she really wants me there for moral support. If she gets bad news and I am not there I will just feel horrible that I was not there with her. I do not feel that she is going to get bad news. She seems to feel better than she has in a long long time.

Speaking of a long,long time I heard on the radio last night that one of Cha Cha's and my favorite shows from back in the day is coming back to television. Gillian Anderson and David Ducovny are coming back as Scully and Mulder in X-Files. Nobody has officially said that the show is coming back but that could just them making it look like a conspiracy theory to help the hype. I say it will be coming back. Now all of the media outlets can say that, "according to Matt In The Middle X-Files will be returning to Fox next fall."

This week is going fast. Tonight is my Thursday already. I am almost certain that we have nothing officially planned this weekend. Fabio's birthday is this actual Thursday so we will probably go out for dinner one of these nights if he has a night off from work. If he doesn't Cha Cha and I may just go out without him and bring him back a Fabio bag. In two weeks we head down south to be with Splenda on her birthday. Though it is a long drive I always like going back down to where Cha Cha and I went to college. It is a beautiful part of the state; I wish I had appreciated it more when we were down there. The same as I wish I had become better friends with Bob Odenkirk while we were there. But, one little ripple may have changed everything and then maybe I wouldn't have Cha Cha and Splenda and Fabio in my life so, actually, I am glad I did exactly what I did. To answer the age-old question "if you knew then what you know now would you have done everything the same?" - yes, I believe I would do everything the same way all over again. I may have gotten better looking though I think.

Speaking of being better looking - I am doing great on eating well. I have not cheated even once. I am not sure when I started eating my new old way but I am curious now so I will check the old blogs (be right back). Blogging sure comes in handy when you are starting to older and don't have the memory you once did. Okay, to the best of my reading comprehension, I began the eating healthier exactly one week ago today (January 13th). Our scale sucks but, to the best of my crappy scale deciphering ability, I seem to have lost about 12 pounds. I sure do have quite a few special abilities don't I? The first couple of weeks are usually pretty good numbers and then it slows down. I am pretty determined. I know I will end-up losing about 60 pounds before I am over and I am going to keep it off this time. I and getting too old to be fat. Maybe I am just not very observant but I don't think I see too many fat old people. That tells me that maybe fat people don't live so long. Though my feeling on this changes from time-to-time, I really want to be an old man one day. I think I will make a great old man. The new diet makes me fart a lot more so I have a great start. I wish public farting were more socially acceptable. I know I am like a six-year-old boy in this thought but farting is one of the great joys in our lives. Many of the really fun things are frowned-upon. Unless you do them in Blazing Saddles or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I sure didn't expect to blog about flatulence I began writing today. My Lean Cuisine lunch is beeping at me so I guess I had better answer the call. Today I am having lemon pepper chicken. I have not joined any programs as I know how to do this and I just need to do it. I used to be a lot needier than I am now (don't get me wrong I am still needy) but I have seen and know quite a few needy people and I know I do not want to be like that. So, now I have two huge battles - do not be fat and do not be needy. Not drinking alcohol (out of solidarity with Cha Cha) will help both of those probably. Cha Cha just texted me, "there is a lot of riffraff on this train." I should have called in sick. I could have either been her body-man or, more likely, we would have driven.

Hopefully tomorrow I will write that Cha Cha survived her train and taxi rides and her liver is 100% back to normal. I hope you have a great rest of your Tuesday/Tuesnight. Thank you for letting be get some of those things off of my fingers and mind and chest and whatever else they were on. TTTT...MITM (out) YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment