Thursday, January 29, 2015

Relegated to the Dungeon

I see more resemblances besides the sleeping quarters 
Wow, it is 1238 and I have slept for five-and-a-half hours. I did not use the ZzzQuil so I am pretty happy with that. A huge part of my problem with sleep has always been that I have very acute hearing and vision. Everybody always thinks that great ocular and auditory senses are wonderful things to possess. Most of the time that is correct but when you are trying to sleep (especially during the day like I do 5/7ths of the time) those senses can be detriments.It is difficult to concentrate sometimes too if there is a lot of extraneous chatter (that's probably part of the reason that I am so nosy - I cannot shut it down). I think Herman Munster must have had similarly heightened senses because I slept like he did last night - under the stairs. We have a room down in the basement that is kind of a make-shift den right across from Dirty Laundry Podcast Studio. Now that Fabio doesn't go down there anymore we will probably make it into the greenroom when we ever get back to recording the podcast. It may even be a good place for the studio? The room does not have any windows so it was completely black. We haven't had a tornado siren go off since we added the room but it will be good for those occasions too. I took my earbuds down with me last night but it was quiet enough without them. It was also cool so being under the warm blankets with my face slightly chilly helped too. I have always wanted to try one of those sensory-deprivation tanks and, other than not being submerged in water, this was probably as close as I can get. Cha Cha is working from home today and I don't think she even wonders where I have been' maybe this is how Hugh Hefner began his empire.

It is almost an hour later now (1327) and I have just written one paragraph. Maybe I shouldn't have taken that time-out to go scour that screen/pan thingy that Cha Cha cooked chicken in.
I have tried - it doesn't work

I am doing very well with eating healthier since Jill got done with her hospital fun. I have lost over twenty pounds in about two-and-a-half months. I am not starving myself; I am just eating the amounts of food that I should normally be eating and eating healthier food. My work uniform was getting a bit snug and I really was worrying about having to eventually go to our Quartermaster and ask for bigger britches. Now my pants are a bit loose. The nice thing about my duty belt is that I can expand it and contract it by moving the buckle to different holes. So, eventually, I will be excited to go to the Quartermaster and say I need some smaller pants. Eating healthier also has eliminated my nose being stuff-up all the time. Some of that may be from winter being here and the stuffed-up thing may have been from pollen or something. With all of the plants frozen so are the allergens I think. So, the jury is still out on that one until Spring. I am steadfast and helserbent on being thin again.

I was listening to the radio the other night and that song Geronimo came on. I think it's a catchy tune and I know most of the lyrics already. I picture this song being played with a lot of highlight reels for various sports in the coming year. As a podcasting legend / editor that is what I would do. I bet we even hear it this weekend during the Super Bowl highlights. It made me think of one of the greatest names (without changing it) of any professional athlete in my opinion - Cesar Geronimo - for you youngster and non-baseball types... he was a member of The Big Red Machine (I was a huge fan of The Cincinnati Reds as a kid). Other great sports names have been: Johnny Dickshot of the New York baseball Giants, Coco Crisp of the Oakland Athletics, Dick Pole of the Cincinnati Reds, Dick Butkus was a pretty good one, Dick Shiner (six different NFL teams - this Dick really got around), Pete LaCock of the Kansas City Royals and the Cubs too I think, Grant Balfour - a pitcher (appropriately) for the Oakland A's, Rusty Kuntz of the Kansas City Royals, NASCAR driver Dick Trickle... I seem to have an affinity for anatomical names. I will always be a ten-year-old at heart mind (intellect).
flatulence is funny too

Writing that paragraph reminded me about another thing that drives me crazy this time of year. Lots of things really irk me which is why I need to blog. All of the commercials for The Super Bowl are playing on television and radio and nobody can ever use the words "Super Bowl" in advertisements because the NFL has made it clear that they will sue anybody who uses the term in any advertisements. The most common phrase used is "The Big Game."  Other things I have heard this year are: The Big Bowl Game, Super Sunday, Super Sunday Event... We all know what they are talking about so what the Helser is the difference? Isn't name recognition supposed to be good for promotion?

It is now 1420. Does it take most people two hours to write a blog? Thank you for stopping in on my Friday night (tonight is my Saturday morning). I will blog again tomorrow so don't you worry your pretty little head about that. Have a great night. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment