Friday, January 30, 2015

Tonight's Datestintion and A Lot About the Cubs? Really?

If you were a hot dog and you were starving would you eat yourself?
Tonight Cha Cha and I are going on a date. We have reservations at Harry Caray's and then we are going to see The Imitation Game. I already have the tickets for the movie and I reserved the seats we will be sitting in. I don't actually have tickets - I have a code on my phone that they will scan when we get there - THANKS OBAMA GEORGE JETSON! It makes sense that a guy who doesn't eat red meat would go to Harry Caray's - a place voted "Best Steakhouse" by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll. Harry Caray's and the theater both have nice bars too but I am not drinking these days. What am I a mattsochist or something? I like to test my will. I know I will probably drink alcohol again within the next year or so but not the now (that was not a mis-type). Some people need to drink to be sociable but I have ignored my parents most of my life and I have no problem talking to strangers. Pretty much everybody I know was a stranger before I started talking to them. Sometimes I even cross the street without looking either way and my mom and dad said I was supposed to look BOTH ways. Okay, that last one I lied about because crossing the street without looking at least one way would be really stupid but I do talk to strangers. The only reason I seem like an exciting Matt-About-Town is that I do semi-interesting things so I have something to blog about.

Ironic that there was just a story on the news about the renovation of Wrigley Field since that is where Harry Caray spent a great deal of his time. Okay, coincidence more than irony maybe. The Wrigleyville neighbors who have been complaining for months and months about the partial face-lift are now complaining about a severe problem with rats. Not the non-union worker kind rather the rodent type that are considered one of the worst vermin to walk the face of the Earth, I think rats are pretty great. Without them how could we test make-ups and things? Without rats we wouldn't have important phrases like: "rat race" or "lab rats..." We wouldn't have the song Ben. I think all the neighbors are just cheesed-off because they cannot steal from the Cubs as much as they did before. They can still let people park in their driveways and yards for anywhere from $25 to $50 for "easy exit." They just cannot build bleachers on their roofs to charge people for a Cubs game or sell billboards to United Airlines and Miller Lite  or promote their thievery with their own website billboards. I know Major League Baseball and some of their team owners (quite notably in Chicago) have done their unfair share of underhanded things throughout history but they sure don't like it when the mitt is on the south paw do they?

I just got back from taking Jill to work, fueling-up two of our vehicles, picking-up Jill's medicine and getting the Fiat washed. I figured, since she works about midway between home and Harry Caray's, it didn't make sense for her to drive to work and then come home and then turn around and go past her work to our datestination. I really think that word (datestination) will catch on and someone else will take credit for it - I am charitable that way. I will probably take a nap soon; I stayed up very late last night playing poker. I won three of the four tournaments I played and got third in the other one. So, I cashed in four out of the four that I played. If you want the best tip from me for playing winner poker I can sum it up in one word - PATIENCE! One of the real reasons I took Jill to work is that I know she will be ready on time this way and she is already dressed for our date. She has a way of driving my blood pressure up when we have a schedule to keep. I HATE being late because I think it is very inconsiderate. I think they based that part of Hannibal Lecter on my personality. I am a time miser (I was going to say time Nazi but, since I was born in that country I am programmed by birth locale to never compare myself to one of the most evil people in the history of history). I believe in patience in poker but not on being on time for an appointment, reservation or simply an agreed-upon time to meet with someone.

I think I had better get a few more things done before nap time. I especially have to get some things at the store and it is laundry day. Thanks for stopping-in today; "you made a wise choice my friend." (If you found the semi-hidden hyper-link in today's blog that last sentence is a lot funnier than if you did not find and play the clip. It's not too late, the link is still there. Nobody's watching - click it now and pretend like you already did. I hope you have a great Friday and Frinight. I will blog again tomorrow and let you know how the movie was as well as other useless things I write down in my notebook before then. TTTT...MITM (out). "So long everybody."

No comments:

Post a Comment