Monday, January 26, 2015

Deer, Old Friends and My New Spa for the Ladies

I cannot believe that my work-week is only 2/5th's completed. It feels like tonight should be my Friday when, sadly, it will only be my Wednesday. It hasn't been a particularly bad two days it just seems to be dragging-on. Oh well, it is what it is and that's all that it is.

Last night something really cool happened at work though. I have told you how one of my favorite things about working nights is that all of the creatures that typically hide during the day come out to eat and grocery shop and play and do whatever wild animals do while most of you are sleeping. Last night I was driving out of a subdivision that sits on one of the major roads of our town. On the other side of the major road from the subdivision is a highly wooded area. I would call it a forest but it is kind of a mini forest in that it is not very big acreage-wise. Anyway, as I was driving out of the subdivision there was a mommy dear (I will call her a doe) and a baby deer (which I will call a fawn) walking on the sidewalk right next to me as I was driving out. They did not speed-up or seem spooked when they saw me. They were just walking calmly right next to me. They came up to the major road, as did I do, at a stop sign. They stopped and looked both ways. The fawn crossed the road and the mom just watched. I sat there and the doe looked at me to see if I was going to turn out of the subdivision and, when she saw that I was waiting for her to cross, she calmly walked across the abandoned road and followed the fawn to the forest where they started doing that deer thing where they bounce through the woods. Maybe they just got a vibe from me that I was not there to harm them and that I love all most of the creatures of the world. I think it is amazing that deer know to look both ways before crossing the street. They are going to evolve and take over the planet - it isn't gonna be the apes or the dogs. It is going to be The Planet of the Deer. I am okay with that.

I heard from my buddy Bill yesterday. He has been reading the blog and said he wants to get together with Cha Cha and I. I have loved Billy pretty much ever since I first met him so I am pretty excited that we are going to get together in a couple of weeks. When I was on a business trip to California some 20-odd years ago I even slept on his couch in Hollywood before I headed down to Tijuana. Obviously, he had moved to Hollywood - he is back here now (again probably obvious). I think that California may be the last time I saw him. I have known him from before Jill and I were even married. As a MATTer of fact, I started the job where I met him at the cable company (that is what we had before satellite television for you youngsters out there) right before we got married. I remember that I had to beg like crazy to get a few days off for a honeymoon since I was so new. So either the blog is making Bill miss me because I am still the same amazing dude he knew or I am offensive and he has been contracted to kill me. I prefer the former but I will accept the latter if that is his and my destiny. I hope he waits until after I buy him dinner if he is going to kill me; nobody wants to go to Hell on an empty stomach.
I am sure they loved seeing this in the morning

Next weekend some of us in the house are going down to visit Splenda for her birthday. I am one of the "some of us" going and I cannot wait. I will have to wait though so I suppose I can wait. See, there is no such thing as "can't."

It is 0758 and I have already been home for almost two hours. Usually I am asleep by now. That being blogged, I am going to go to sleep because I am sleepy and that is what one should do when sleepy. I will finish this if I wake up. Zzzzzzzzz....

It is now 1256. I took some ZzzQuil and ended-up sleeping four hours. I will need some more (sleep not ZzzQuil) before work. Had I done the math before I got out of bed I probably would have just stayed in bed for a few more hours.

Fabio should be home in a few minutes. He has been building his own computer. He ordered all of the parts and had them shipped and has been assembling it for a week or so as the individual boxes have been arriving by Speedy Delivery. He is having difficulty getting it working so I told him that we could take it downtown to the computer repair shop and see if they can help him figure out what the problem is. It may be something simple that he is overlooking. He is planning on going into computer programming and coding in college next year and I do not want him to become discouraged before he even takes one class. I may need him to build me a time machine or a cryogenic tube one day soon.
Add caption

I am kind of groggy; I am guessing I need more sleep. I will wait a little bit but I don't feel very creative right now.

I just looked at my little notebook and I see that I had written something that I heard on the radio in there that I haven't written about here yet. At least I do not think I wrote about it. There is a trend toward women beginning to shave their faces. It is actually called dermaplaning. Spell-check doesn't even know about it yet. The report I heard said that men have better complexions because they shave regularly. It seems that the shaving is a form of exfoliating. Things like this appear odd to many when they first begin but, in 50 years, nobody will even remember that women never shaved their facial hair. There was a day when nobody shaved their legs or underarms. That probably seemed odd when the movement began. I imagine spas and beauty salons will start offering this too. It will be like getting a shave and a hot towel at the barber shop. Maybe I should go to dermaplaning school so I can open my own spa. I could see me servicing women with the hair and facials and such. I love the ladies. Just like Warren Beatty in Shampoo. On a whole I believe: women are smarter than we men, they are much better to look at, they're not as loud, they smell better, they don't feel the urge to one-up each other all the time like we do (at least openly) and are they generally nicer. Of course, these are just generalities. I know we have our good qualities too which is why they need us and we need them. That whole keeping our species from extinction is a reason too I guess.

Okay, I have begun rambling and that is usually a sign to quit for the day. Now that I think about it the entire blog is mainly just rambling so maybe that is incorrect. May be that is where that saying about quitting before you get started comes from? Thank you for letting me bore you for a few minutes. I really am happy when you stop in here. TTTT,,,MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment