Friday, January 9, 2015

All is Well. I May Keep the Spoon!

It is now 0907 and Jill is off into surgery. I am in the waiting room to hear that I am the proud father of a five ounce baby stent. Truth be told I do not know how much a stent weighs and, as it turns out, that is not easy information to locate on the internet. Granted I just spent about 30 seconds looking because it really isn't that important for my lame joke there. We got up early and walked across the street to the hospital here and did the prep thing and then I was given the cues that it was my time to vacate the area. So, Jill was whisked away to lose a quick five ounces (or something like that - see above).

I took the time to go back over to the room and hang the "do not disturb" sign and pack everything up. We have a check-out time of 1300 but I am a good Boy Scout. On the way back here I stopped by the breakfast area in the hotel (we get a free continental breakfast - what a lame term) and grabbed two Danon Light & Fit blueberry yogurts, an apple, a cup of hot water, a tea bag, two Splendas (the sugar substitute, not our daughter though I would have preferred the latter) and a spoon. They did not have plastic spoons so I kind of stole a metal spoon which, at this time, I 100% intend to return to the hotel. I usually have good intentions but I know how the road that I will one day travel is surfaced.

Jill was a bit nervous about the procedure. I would equate it to stage fright. She (we) is (are) just so ready for this whole thing to be behind us. It sounds like, unless there are complications, this is a pretty easy and routine procedure. She has certainly been through a lot worse. I guess anytime they invade your body for any reason there are chances of problems. Case in point - the liver biopsy that will be the bane of my existence until the day I die.

I find it funny when people do not have "inside voices." There is a couple of people near me that are having a really loud conversation of how Brett Favre should come to Chicago and be the head coach of the Chicago Bears. The lady cannot understand why he wouldn't do that and the guy is talking about how he would have to give-up his endorsements and he isn't cerebral enough to be the coach... Can't they see I am trying to blog here? Another lady was bitching somebody out on the telephone. Now another lady all the way across this huge room is on the phone talking about water in the house and Permaseal Waterproofing. "Is the water coming through the walls and the drywall?" Now she is telling the person the difference between fraud and hearsay. Then there is this really nosy guy in the corner typing on his computer about something. He looks just like me. Hey, "that's me in the corner." These people all speak louder here than I do when I am cheering at a Major League Baseball game. I am so easily amused and distracted.

I heard this morning on the news that President Obama has introduced a proposal to offer two free years of community college for anybody interested (restrictions and rules may apply). I cannot wait to hear how his detractors will have problems with this. The people who will have problems with this are the people that benefit by the people of our country being uneducated.

Our hotel window this morning was a solid sheet of ice. A five foot by 20 foot solid sheet of ice. Speaking of ice, Fabio called and said our entire neighborhood is full of snow and the plows have not been through. They did not have school because of the severe cold Wednesday and Thursday but today, when it is every bit as cold with the addition of snow, they have school. Quite honestly I think they should have had school all three of these days but that is not my call and I wouldn't have been worked-up one way or another. People on Facebook this morning were going bonkers about their kids having to go to school, Granted, we are a fairly rural community and there are quite a few children who live in the country and on farms with mile-long driveways but, not MATTER what, the district should be consistent. Farmers are tough. What will they do when they are attending their free community college?

I had to stop blogging because they called me into Jill in the Post Op area. The doctor came in and said that it went great and the stent was already gone. He said it is not uncommon for them to pass themselves. Of course, I asked if she will pass it when she poops and he said that she will. I then asked him, "so,I assume there will be no bill?" and he laughed and said that the bill would be less. It is now 1039 and we are both back in the room at the hotel.

I guess we are going to head West and beat the slow traffic. I may blog again later today as that has been the case when we have been at the hospital often. If I do not blog again today do not fear; there is a 60% chance that I am still alive. Thanks for stopping by. TTT???...MITM (out) TA!

I just experienced slight rudeness at the hotel. I may keep the spoon after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment