Monday, February 2, 2015

I Am Admiral Byrd

Admiral Bryd was a sissy - he needed an entire team (maybe that was smart huh?)
It is already 0118 and I am eating lunch breakfast. I got quite a bit of exercise last night due to the weather and it really made me sleepy. I began the evening traipsing through the snow, many times snow above my knees for about three hours or so. Then I went and walked up the stairs of two twelve-story buildings, stopping to walk each floor before walking the next. I could have used the elevator but it seemed odd to take an elevator from floor-to-floor. I could have elevated to the top floor and walked each level down but I thought I would take this occasion to get some exercise. I did take the elevator down the twelve floors once I reached the top each time though (twice). I found a damsel in distress and helped her get her car un-stuck. Finding her meant looking straight out a window about 200 yards and seeing her stuck. That time, getting to her and back, I had to climb over a six-foot high mountain each way. I was pretty tired when I got home and I slept like a baby minus the spitting-up on myself and crying and pooping myself and stuff. So, maybe tonight now I will be tired at work because I am not sure if I will get my pre-game nap.

When I got home this morning I noticed that the driveway I spent a couple of hours getting cleared of snow decided to give me the big F.U. and now I will have to clear the snow again. F.U., in case you are unaware, means "Filled Up" (in this case filled-up with snow.

I just looked out a bit ago and there is a solid four-foot tall wall of snow across the entire entrance/exit to the driveway that the snowplow has installed since I got home at 0615. I would rather have to snow-filled road that a driveway, thank you. But, if I didn't have a 4-wheel drive vehicle, I would probably feel differently. I will accept it for the people who do not have that kind of a FunVee. Some people only have Hum DrumVees. I will really accept it because I already have it.

Guess what day it is?! Guess what day it is?! It is my Wednesday (tonight is my WednesDAY more precisely, as of right now, it is still my TuesNIGHT).

I watched the second half of the Super Bowl last night as I slept through the first half. I didn't really care who won and, over the past few years I have not watches much football at all. I see a game here-and-there. The game, the part that I watched, was action-packed and exciting. Will there always be an asterisk on this game because of the deflated footballs in the play-off game in Boston? We will hear a lot about that over the next several months because there is no woman-beating NFL news to cover right now. If that deflated football deal really MATTered I would have hoped that they would have postponed the Super Bowl until they could get to the bottom of the situation. Now they will find out the The Patriots cheated and they are still Super Bowl champs. The money they took in for this game are much more important that honesty and integrity. Make sure to teach that to your children - WINNING IS EVERYTHING! Wasn't this the same season that many players got caught beating their wives and girlfriends? Good thing it only cost $6500 - $10,000 per seat to go to the Super Bowl and watch these pillars of morals. I imagine there are very many decent players in the league but maybe they are just being good so they can hide the bad?

It is 1400 now and I had better get that driveway cleared. I am trying to talk myself into blogging more - even Admiral Byrd had to slow-down enough to chronicle his adventures. Do you suppose one of those people travelling with Byrd wrote his stuff for him? Enough stalling - the driveway is calling. At least it is not windy right now so the snow may not blow right back into the cleared path right away. Have a great day and a warm night if you are in the MIDDLEwest. Thank you for stopping-by. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment