Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Same Low Low Price of 0/100ths

I know that is crude but when I looked for a photo this popped up
I know it is very unlike me to be totally random but, when it comes to dill pickles I am a Claussen Matt. I think it is simply that they are refrigerated and I seldom find a limp pickle. I dislike flaccid dills. I like the crunch. Guess what I am eating!?! I just realized that all I have had to eat today was a banana at 0400 (on my break) and about four pickles. Maybe I will have to have a turkey dog next.

It is high noon right now and this is my Friday night. WooHoo.

Am I the only person who has a high pitched humming or buzzing his his/her brain all the time when there is no background noise? I think about it a lot and always forget to ask people if they have that too. I have always had very acute hearing (which is a curse more than a blessing a lot of the time) so maybe that is part of that? Maybe it is some other beings trying to contact me and I just cannot make-out what the messages are. Perhaps everything, in fact, makes a noise and I am intercepting the furniture and plants talking about me and I just do not speak their languages. I think that is why I always have to have background noise going - it drowns out the buzzing a little. If I were a little harder of hearing I think I could sleep better and I would also not be so nosy. It is going-on all the time; even if I am in the quiet of the woods or in the MIDDLE of a green field. I don;t really notice it much until there is silence.

I have used this notebook for too many things. I usually don't hybrid the notebooks (I have dozens going at one time) but this has some note about unlawful restraint in it so I think one found it's way into pocket four when it should have been in pocket one or two.

I noticed a lot of signs as I was driving around last night. It was a quiet night at work because it was thirty degrees below zero (windchill) a lot of the time and it was not intended for humans. When I say "signs" I am referring to actual signs at stores and restaurants... Why did the people who are jockeying for all of our cash decide to make things have to include 99 cents or 9/10ths of a cent back in the day? You know - fuel is $2.53.9 and a dinner is $10.99. Why can't they just be $2.54 and $11.00? Are we so stupid that we cannot realize that these things are a dollar more than they are trying to make us believe that they are? I was gonna get one more gallon of gas but I just didn't have that extra nine-tenths of a cent. I seriously wonder why they do this. I have heard that the gas thing started way back when gas was only like twelve cents a gallon and raising it one cent would seem like a huge rate-hike so they just raised it 9/10th of a cent. How else could they get their extra billions of dollars from we ignorant saps? I think the 99 cent thing is probably the same - made to trick we ignorant buffoons. I know some other countries even add the price of the sales tax to the price so you know EXACTLY what you will be paying. That would have come in very handy all of those times as a kid when I was four cents short on getting that pack of baseball cards.

Ironically, with all of the cold last night I encountered several people from India. We have a lot of Indian people in town because of the university. I always enjoy talking to people from that part of the world. I would say that 99.99% of them I have talked to are very, very nice plus 9/10ths. Of course, when it is very cold, I always mention the weather here and ask them what people back at their homes say when they tell them that is thirty degrees below zero. In Celsius -30 degrees is -34.4444 degrees Fahrenheit (Celsius is most of the rest of the world's measurement method).  As you may imagine, people back at their homes have zero concept of how cold that is. A lot of times we will then talk about how hot it gets in India and I have very little concept of that and 99/100's. I can never understand why some people find people from other parts of the world or people of other races/religions/cultures... scary or offensive for merely those reasons. I love that we are all different. I think some people are just afraid of people who are not like them rather than being like me and just be amazed and excited about our differences. I have a lot of hope and joy in life knowing that most people are not like me. I would probably not like me much if I weren't stuck with myself.

Those aren't my knees
It was funny when I went out to head to work at about 2130 last night. I wore my Long Matts (you may call them Long Johns) for the first time of the year. Up until now I just toughed-it-out but I bought into the hype of the cold this time. As I walked out to the 4Runner to head-out I immediately learned that this layering theory of braving the elements is the real deal. The Long Matts that I put on had a rip in the back part of my right knee (what is the backside of you knee called? - that should have a name) and I could IMMEDIATELY feel the coldness in that area. I may use this as a mind-trick to convince myself that I am warm from now on. I will leave one area (an area that will not overtake the rest of my body) a little less protected so the rest of me is tricked into thinking it is special and that I like it better so it stays warmer. Will it work if I do it intentionally? I will report back on my scientific findings at a later blog.

Wow, I rambled a lot today. I have more energy on my days off I guess. I feel a lot better than I did a couple of days ago though I am still a bit stuffed-up. Thanks for letting me prattle-on. You know I appreciate you coming-by. I may not always remember to say it but know that it is true every time that I blog. Have a great your Thursday. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment