Saturday, February 21, 2015

Don't Believe the NO PAIN, NO GAIN Hype

Seriously, say NO to  Pain & Gain
You are probably so happy that it is Saturday and you get to loaf around all day or do whatever the heck you want to do without answering to the man. I am, however, bummed because I am eleven-and-a-half hours away from beginning my work week. I don't hate work I just like doing nothing a lot better sometimes.

I am very sore today. Not the angry kind but the "man, my arms and abs and lats are killing me" kind. I suppose the aches mean either that I am working-out correctly or that I am working-out incorrectly. How do you know which one it is? Since it is just aching and not hurting I think it is the good kind of pain - the "no pain, no gain" type. That reminds me - while I was working-out yesterday I started watching Pain & Gain starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I searched the internet for suggestions on some good movies to watch. Most said that the film was just okay but it was worth watching for the two actors' performances. Those reviews were completely wrong. The film was terrible and I would rather watch complete strangers' kids school Christmas shows than this garbage. The performances were terrible and the movie was even worse. I usually like Wahlberg and have liked Johnson off-and-on but not here. Supposedly, Tony Shalhoub and Ed Harris are in it too (two actors that I almost always like) but I could not stomach the movie long enough to get to them. 

I took a break there to install a new light above the kitchen sink. Now my biceps ache even more. Some pain and some gain. I think I just like to complain. Now that I poke at myself (I already wear glasses to read so it's only a MATTer of time before I am completely bind anyway) the pain is actually right when the arm pits turn into arms. From what the interweb is telling me those are called my Teres Minor muscles. It sounds sexy when I hear that.
Is it just me or is that referee Bill Murray?
I just searched the guide on the television and there is a documentary on HBOW (the W stands for West) called Broad Street Bullies. As you might know it is about the Philadelphia Flyers. I am starting to find television stations stealing ideas from my blog. I wrote about goons in hockey a couple of days ago and then HBO totally changes their programming to capitalize on the success and growth of the blog. It's just like all the Robin Williams movies showing-up right after he died or all of the football films on TV when it is Superbowl The Big Game time of the movies starring Oscar nominees at Academy Awards time. I don't really believe that they changed their programming because of the blog but it is fun to go to the land of make believe from time-to-time. 

I didn't know I was doing a sports blog today. Most times I never know where the blog goes until it gets there and this is one of those times. I guess the percentages were in that favor.

if you ask me
Speaking of The Academy Awards, I cannot believe Birdman is getting so much great hype. Jill  and I saw it when it first came out in theaters and I wrote about it back in October. I wrote about how it seemed like it was geared toward acting-types and/or people in the business. Maybe that it is why it is doing well in the awards arena because acting-types are the ones who pick those winners. I love Michael Keaton but thought his performance was poor. I remember that Zack Galifianakis and Naomi Watts gave the best acting performances in the film. Even better than Keaton and Ed Norton (one of my favorites). Birdman will probably win Oscars for Keaton and for Best Picture because of politics and the need to make themselves seem more relevant to themselves. I really don;t like the winter in the entertainment world because all of the award shows and such making the bazillionaires feel better about what they do. 

Okay, it is 1018 now and I have to get some things done before work. I am starving too so I think I will steam some broccoli. I hope you enjoy your Saturday and your Saturnight. We are gonna have a heatwave in my part of the MIDDLEwest. It is 24 degrees now and they are saying that it will get up to 30 degrees. I cannot remember the last time that we have had lofty numbers like that. Thank you for your blogticipation. TTTMonday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment