Monday, February 16, 2015

Live From the MIDDLE of America, it's Matt In The Middle!

I am watching the 40th anniversary show of Saturday Night Live. I have laughed out loud several times watching some of the old clips but three-and-a-half hours is way too long. There are a lot of stupid ones too. I can think of many things that they have left out and many of the ones that they chose to show and redo that I thought were bad choices. I just wish they would have showed clips and forgot about a lot of the live stuff. It is sort of like a really fun party that you weren't invited to and they are just entertaining themselves. So many people gained so much weight - mostly the men. Marty Short and Steve Martin and Paul Shaffer look pretty much the same. I have been watching SNL pretty much since it started. Thankfully, we didn't have 900 channels back then or I could not say that. Chris Rock is now introducing Eddie Murphy. I never even realized that Eddie Murphy hosted the show while he was still a cast member.

I am tired of working; I don't think I want to do that anymore. What are my choices? Death? Living in a cardboard box? Winning the lottery? Printing my own money? Prison? I guess I have to suck-it-up like everybody else in the world. In less than a month I get a $2.00 / hour raise and we are currently working on our new union contract which looks like will bring me another couple of bucks an hours. M.A.P. Union - represent!
Did John Goodman lose a lot of weight or did everybody just pass him up and that makes him look thin? It's like Thornton Melon says. "if you want to look thin, you hang around with fat people." I think he just lost a lot of weight. Good for you Johnny!

I think I wrote a few note for the blog but I am too lazy to go upstairs and get my notebook. It's isn't my Wednesday for another seven-and-a-half hours ya know.

I really don't have anything. I usually run-on at the fingers but, for some reason, I have nothing going-on in my head. I know I have been accused of that many times but I am just now admitting it I guess. They say that is the first sign of recovery. I seem very tired today and maybe that has something to do with it. I will definitely have to get some sleep before work tonight.

I work for the State of Illinois - why do I have to work on President's Day? Well, I guess I work every day no MATTer what since I am considered "essential personnel" but if everyone else got off I would at least get paid double time (or, as I handle it, get more COMP time). I am still trying to get back to where I was before I saved Cha Cha's life three or four times. I did get a couple more days of COMP time a couple of week's ago when there was a work-closure and we still worked. I was fortunate that I worked the days that we were "closed." If those had been my off-days I would not have gotten the COMP time.

Okay, I stalled long enough to make it look like I had something on my mind. Have a great rest of your day and night while I am freezing my bippy off again tonight. I do feel like I have been fighting a cold for the last few days. Fabio was really sick for about three days but I am just stuffed-up. I seldome get very sick. Thanks for letting me ramble. I will try to think of more interesting things to write about for tomorrow. The definitive word is TRY." TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment