Monday, February 23, 2015

I Had a Dream (two actually)

I am starting to understand that "find a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck" saying. I have found pennies lying on the ground three nights in a row. When I bent down to pick up the first one I found two quarters lying next to it. The next night I bent down to get the penny and there were a dime and a nickle there next to that penny. Then, last night, I picked-up penny number three and there was a quarter and a dime. I wonder what I will find tonight. Good thing I am a pessimist and always look down or I would never have started what will certainly lead to finding something super substantial.

I have told you about all the animals and things I see while I am up all night. I have seen: deer, coyotes, skunks, foxes, geese, UFO's, Waldos, Jesuses (those last two mainly at Halloween time)... The other night I saw something that I have not seen since I was a young lad (that is an attempt at a joke about how old I am). I saw a pterodactyl the other night. Incidentally, it was very close to where I saw the UFO (I still have the video of the UFO by the way). That spot must be some kind of a vortex to another dimension or a different time or something. Anyway, I put the photo of the prehistoric creature strapped down on a truck there because I know you would think I was lying otherwise. You can see how big it is based on how it takes-up the entire bed of that trailer. It appears that they must have done some kind of experimentation on the beast. Trying to transport something in the MIDDLE of the night because you thought nobody would see it huh? You shouldn't have come through the town of the guy who finds pennies every night (I am observant).

I do not remember my dreams most of the time. They say we always dream (how they can make a blanket statement like that I have no idea unless they test every single person) but do not always remember them. Thursday and Friday night I had dreams that I remembered the next morning. On dream Thursday and two on Friday. I was so amazed that I wrote them down because they must have some significance if I remember them, right? The first one was not real detailed but it was about the set of plates my mom has that she got in Germany when I was born. I guess I am supposed to get them when she dies. I talked to her yesterday and she is doing fine. I don't remember many specifics beyond that.
They must have signed this for me in the dream
The other dream was much more detailed and I think I wrote these notes down immediately after I had the dream three nights ago. Michael Jordon and I were hanging around together at Wrigley Field (like we always do). There were no fans in the seats; it was before a game and before the gates opened or on an off-day or something. We, apparently, were members of The Chicago Cubs (so, I guess it was more of a nightmare than a dream for me). I joke because I am a Cardinals' fan. We were participating in some kind of a home run derby. It seemed like we were teamed-up in pairs and MJ and I, like we are in life, were paired-up. We could not find our way to get onto the field (which probably represents some kind of a problem I have in my waking life or something significant). Ron Santo and Don Kessinger were the team hitting and we were next. I guess I woke up after that so I don't know if we ever got on the field or how we fared in the contest. Supposedly, according to my mom, I am related to Don Kessinger through marriage so, it seems, these dreams have a lot of ties to my mom.

I saw Michael Keaton did not win Best Actor for Birdman. I am glad the Academy listened to me and read the blog about that. I am not overly surprised that Birdman won best picture and many other awards since it was about acting and it stroked the egos of pretty much everyone who votes for these awards, The film was okay but I would not see it again. I like a lot of people in it and I like Keaton but not in this role. He may have even been better in Night Shift. Definitely better in Beetlejuice. Anyway, Eddie Redmayne was amazing as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything. Roles where people play real people are always good for the Oscars: Idi Amin (Forest Whitaker), Ray Charles (Jamie Foxx), Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts), Virginia Wolf (Nicole Kidman), Harvey Milk (Sean Penn), Truman Capote (Philip Seymour Hoffman), Mohandas Gandhi (Ben Kingsley), Katherine Hepburn (Cate Blanchett), Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandy Bullock), Queen Elizabeth (Helen Mirren), June Carter Cash (Reese Witherspoon), King George (Colin Firth), Dicky Eckland (Christian Bale), Margaret Thatcher (Meryl Streep),Abraham Lincoln (Daniel Day-Lewis), Norma Rae (Sally Field), Jake LaMotta (Robert DeNiro), Loretta Lynn (Sissy Spacek), Salieri (F. Murray Abraham)... I am sure I could go on but you get the idea. If faced with the choice of two roles ALWAYS go for the one based on a real person. Liam Neeson should have won for Oskar Schindler even though he was beaten by Tom Hanks for playing that dude in Philadelphia (also based on a real guy though the name was changed).

I have decided that newspapers are hazardous to our health. Have you seen how the people who deliver these papers in the MIDDLE of the night drive? Holy moley. And, turn signals could not be easier to use. I know you have your hazards on constantly and, in your case, this may be because you are the hazard.

I made the mistake of not wearing my long johns last night. Man, did it get cold again here in the MIDDLEwest. It looked like it was gonna get warmer but then it changed its mind.

I love watching the birds eat the seed we put out for them. Why do people like to watch animals eat? Squirrels, fish, sharks, birds, whales, giraffes, lions... It is kind of weird if you think about it. We don't like to watch other people eat so why do we like to watch other species' eat?

I have talked and blogged myself into getting something to eat. I know this is short notice but you are welcome to watch if you want. This got long in a hurry. I appreciate you hanging in there; I hope it was worth it. Have a great whatever day this is for you (Wednesday for me). I need to eat something, work-out, go to the store, sleep,go to work and repeat. Maybe not the store thing though. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment