Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ready For Blastoff

I did not know she was still alive - AWESOME!
Harper Lee had written a sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird and her lawyer just found it last fall in the secure archive in her Alabama home. She entitled it Go Set a Watchman. It is going to be published this summer. I am very excited. To Kill a Mockingbird is an amazing piece of literary history and I am certain the follow-up will be every bit as good. I am fascinated by Harper Lee and her childhood friend Truman Capote (Truman Persons). They are two of my favorite authors. They fall slightly behind Sammy Clemens. The story was written before To Kill a Mockingbird but is set 20 years later when Scout returns home to Alabama after living in New York City. It sounds like it deals with the racial unrest that was going on in the south (Alabama for certain) during the 1950's. I am very excited. I wonder if Atticus will still be alive?

I got three calls from someone who wants me to work for them. I have not called her back yet but I am pretty sure that I am not interested. I am not sure where she got my number but it doesn't sound like anything I would want to do. I will call and confirm this but I guess it is good to be wanted. They are in Rockford, IL and that is a lot further than the five minute drive I have now. I think it may be days which would almost bring that down to a level playing field. I will explore it.

I wrote most of this blog yesterday (actually I am writing this yesterday right now). That way I would be able to concentrate on the trip and not that I did not blog today.

Now it is today and we are about an hour away from blastoff. It is nice having someone stay behind to take care of Jeff and the house. I still cannot believe Splenda is 23 years old today. When I was 23 I was only a year away from getting married. Maybe she is too, how knows? I am happy that we will be seeing her in about seven hours.

I have to shower and get dressed and put the things I have laid-out into some sort of a luggage devise. I guess the house we are staying at has an outdoor hot tub. We did that one other time down there in the winter and it was really cool to watch the stars at night in the freezing sky from the warm hot tub. The walking back and forth to the house was a bit nipply though. That makes it even funner. I will almost certainly blog tomorrow while everybody is asleep. I am not much of a sleeper and even more so on trips. I feel like I am always missing something if I am sleeping maybe? Thanks for stopping by and, unless a semi falls on the Fiat or something, I will find a way to blog tomorrow. I am still tired but it's only a five or six hour drive. TTTT...MITM (out with a huge smile) TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment