Thursday, February 12, 2015

I am a Mutt by proximity and nationality

Coincidence we have a Matt & Jeff in this house? 
It is almost 1700 already. I guess this is considered my Friday night since Wednesday night is my FriDAY and my Saturday won;t really start until 2200 when my shifts begin. Whatever it is I am happy to have today and tomorrow and the real Saturday off until 2200.

I just heard from Guitar Center in Rockford and they can help me take the podcast to the next level in the technical department. So, tomorrow I am headed to Rockford. Maybe I will run into Rick Nielsen again there. Maybe I can bug him about being on the podcast again. Is anybody really bored and want to take a road trip? Oh yeah, you probably have to work. I like Rockford. I suppose it has something to do with living there until 4th grade and most of my family having been from there. My grand parents, my parents, my uncles and aunts and cousins and brother and me I guess. I am not sure how we decide where we are from. I was brought into the world in Heidelberg, West Germany so am I from there? I have lived here for 20-some-odd years so am I from here? I lived where my parents still live for about 12 years so am I from there? There were also a few other towns (Aurora, Montgomery/Oswego, North Aurora, Geneva, Maple Park) that I have lived-in so am I from all of these places? All but Heidelberg were in Illinois so should I just say I am from Illinois? Maybe "in the MIDDLE" is good enough. Heidelberg is sort of in the MIDDLE of Germany but slightly near Belgium. No, it is south west. It was West Germany when I was there so maybe it was in the MIDDLE of West Germany. I don't know where the Helser I am from as it turns out I am a Matt Mutt!

Yesterday I had a couple more of those out-of-body things where I jump into somebody else's mind/brain... It was the same where it starts in my nose and goes to my chest and then my head gets dizzy and I make the Quantum Leap. The first time I jumped yesterday I jumped into David Cross's mind and then, later, I did my first re-run jump. I jumped into a person that I had previously jumped into. I jumped into Butch Patrick again. Cha Cha thinks it has to do with sleep deprivation. I still want to harness this so I can enjoy it more. I need to try to get ahold of Adam Duritz of Counting Crows and see how he has dealt with this; I heard him speaking on the radio about something very similar. Maybe Rick Nielsen knows how to get in tough with him.

I stumbled-upon a new show that I really like. I recorded it (DVR'd) it and Cha Cha watched it and loves it too. The show is called Schitt's Creek. It is a CBC Television show (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) but I found it on a network that I did not even know that we had - Pop (formerly called TV Guide Network). It stars Eugene Levy, Catherine O'hara. Chris Elliott, Eugene Levy's two kids (Dan and Sarah)... It is really funny. Just a couple of the people's names in the show - Roland Schitt and Mutt Schitt crack me up. The show was written by Eugene and Dan Levy. You can tell that Dan is Eugene's kid - you had me at eyebrows. The series premiere was just last night so it will be easy to catch-up. Go set-up a season pass for it before you forget.

My goodness it is almost 1900. I will blog sometime tomorrow. I am going to the dentist in the morning and then to Rockford to Guitar City and probably to Uniform Den for some new tact pants since I am so skinny now. I think I am going downstairs and work-out now. Have a great night. Thank you for stopping by. TTTT (some time)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment