Monday, February 9, 2015

Put Me On Your Daily Todo List

Yesterday was a kind of exhausting day. I drove home from southern Illinois (about five hours) and then, last night at work, I drove for about seven more hours. They were both my choices as I could have let Cha Cha drive part of the way home from Carbondale and I could have chosen to do more foot patrol last night since I was the highest in seniority when we were choosing our duties. I like to drive. Tonight it sounds like I will have get to drive six to seven hours or so again. A three-day weekend versus a two-day weekend makes a huge difference in ones' attitude. I saw that with this past weekend (maybe the weather had something to do with that too in this case). There are talks of us maybe going to four ten-hour days nights and having three-day night weekends. That would be great unless I end-up getting Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday or something crappy like that. I am fourth in seniority and there will only be so many days that include a Friday or a Saturday. Those choices will, undoubtedly, go first. My choices, of course, would be Thursday-Friday-Saturday or Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Maybe even Saturday-Sunday-Monday wouldn't be too bad. I don't know why I like Friday off so much. That is probably just conditioning over the years that Friday is the end of the work-week. Thursday-Friday has been working pretty well.

It is only 1100 and I should still be asleep. Fabio went to school and Cha Cha went to work and they left Jeff outside. He was barking and barking so I went downstairs and let him in. Luckily it isn't crazy cold out.

I am watching Better Call Saul while writing this. I never gave that French journalist any quotes or information about Bob Odenkirk so I probably have some sort of voodoo curse one me. I assume the French are big into voodoo because voodoo is big in New Orleans and New Orleans has the French Quarter and all. I think the French did settle New Orleans. Better Call Saul seems pretty good. New shows always take awhile to get going but I am very hopeful. There is another episode on tonight. The Walking Dead season premiere was on last night too but I have grown tired of that show and will probably not watch it again. Every episode is pretty much the same. Killing and walking to arrive nowhere and more killing and ambushes and walking and killing. I can go to any number of cities around here and see that live.
In with the new and out with The Dead
On the drive home yesterday we watched the temperature drop and the snow level on the ground grow. It was 56 degrees when we left down there and in the low 20's when we got here. I was hopeful most of the way as we made it all the way up to Champaign and saw no snow. Just north of Champaign, however, the snow started to appear, As a dusting on the ground at first until we saw the several inches everywhere as we got home. I can see where quite a bit melted over the weekend but almost two feet of snow doesn't completely vanish in three days. So, I have had Spring and Winter within the last two days and you know which one I prefer.

What is the deal with Bruce Jenner? I found it odd that he was with the Kardashian women but maybe he was just picking-up deva tips. I heard that he is trying to change into a woman and then, on the radio on the way home yesterday, he was involved in a chain-reaction (a daisy chain reaction if you will) where a woman died. I don't know what position he was in the daisy chain but he was one of the members. They are talking about checking people phones to see who was texting and stuff like that but, what the heck? Is Keeping Up with the Kardashians doing poorly in the ratings and he is trying to drum-up. I am not even sure if that is the actual name of the show but I think that is what I have heard; I am not going to look it up because I really don't care to know.

While we were in southern Illinois Cha Cha, Splenda and I went bowling. I hadn't bowled in quite a while. I bowled a 117 and a 143. I am sure the next game was going to be over 200 but we just bowled two. It is so nice down there. They seem to trust people more. You don't have to leave a drivers license or you shoes to rent shoes. They just trust that you will return them. It was a lot of fun.

It is 1227 so I had better get some things done before I sleep again before work. I hope you have a great Monday afternoon and night. I would but I have other plans. Thank you for slowing down for a couple of minutes; I am sure I am on your daily to do list; I kind of like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment