Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Blog Battery Power

I am finishing-up editing Dirty Laundry Podcast right now so both this blog and the podcast will probably suffer. I am willing to take that chance. (now jump into the time machine).

I wrote that last sentence two days ago so, the show is definable up now. In fact, I am listening to the show from this computer right now; I am so narcissistic. The reason I listen to the show, even after recording and editing it, is that I want the show to always get better and if I listen a day or two + after it has been uploaded I may have a different perspective. Additionally, I really do enjoy the show; Cha Cha is great and the music is always good.

I was off work last night and I am off tonight and then I begin my weekend on your Thursday (that "your" applies to most of you but probably not all of you). I took last night and tonight off using some of my sick hours (pre-approved). How is that possible you may ask? How could I know that I am going to be sick before I am sick? Did I foresee the future and know the Midterm Election results would make me a bit woozie? No, Cha Cha has some issues that may or may not be very bad news so she has to have a battery of tests and I have about 200 sick hours that if I don't use I will lose if I ever get to leave. Why do they call them "a battery of tests?" Maybe because they are all "connected" to one thing like something is connected to one small thing (a battery) to power it? Just guessing. Maybe it is so the doctors/hospital/clinic/drug companies... can CHARGE you more like a battery charges whatever it is hooked-up to? Hopefully the "battery" doesn't have anything to do with a terminal. Often when I have made comments like that in the past people have said. "don't say that, you will jinx it" or something of that nature. Okay, so I can say that "I am going to win the lottery" or "the St. Louis Cardinals will win the World Series" and I am wrong but, if I say something negative, I will be correct. I wish I had that kind of power (another battery reference?) but, with great power comes great responsibility so I am out; I have far too many responsibilities already.
Tomorrow I will have wayyyy too much time on my hands!

We are done with doctor stuff for today but the biggest one that is scheduled so far, as it seems to me, is tomorrow morning. This is the one that I am most worried about because it will be the most invasive of all the things that are planned this tour. We have to be at the medical facility nearer to Chicago tomorrow morning at 0700. It sounds like she will be out of commission for most of the day between the procedure(s) and recovery. I will make sure to bring the chargers for my phone and my laptop. I foresee a lot of Netflix, HBOGo, HULU and blogging in my very near future. Cha Cha has had lots of health issues in the 30 years we have been co-hosts so I am pretty seasoned at this; technology has gotten so much better in that time so it is a lot easier these days.

It is only 1611 and I am very sleepy. I think I will go to bed tonight at like 2000. I threw the word "think" in there because that is still almost four hours away and I am not sure if I will do that; I may not even make it that long. I am not sure what Cha Cha's dietary restrictions are for tonight but I had better check and see if she can/should eat tonight to build-up her strength for the morning. Hey, I just checked and she can eat until midnight so I asked what she wants for her last supper (for today anyway). Have a great night. I will probably blog tomorrow because I will have plenty of time on my hands. TTTT (78%)...MITM out!

No comments:

Post a Comment