Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Guinea Pig Pin Cushion

I cannot believe there is such a thing 
For a change I am extremely happy to be bored. I am sitting here in Cha Cha's hospital room (see yesterday's blog for more details on that) and she is sleeping. She hasn't been getting much sleep the last couple of nights/days for obvious reasons. She is medicated now via an IV which is assisting her in that endeavor. They are still running lots of tests and treating her like a guinea pig pin cushion but they have narrowed-down her problem to the liver and/or the pancreas. There has been mention of pancreatitis but for now they are waiting to perform another CT scan. I am kind of glad that Merciless (Mercy) Hospital was so sucky and they didn't get her a room in the five hours we were there. They are much more caring here and I got to go home this morning at 0430 and come back at 0930 since we only live about seven minutes from here. Not to mention Mercy's ER seemed like we were in a third-world country or in a scene from Dallas Buyers Club with everybody so sickly and unseemly. Fabio even came over and saw his mom for a bit since he is off school for Veteran's Day today. He is a worrier like me so it was good he could see her. Cha Cha is supposed to go down and visit Splenda in Southern Illinois this coming weekend but I spoke to MADYM on the phone and, with that and me talking to Cha Cha while she was awake for a few minutes, it has been determined that that may not be such a good idea given recent/current developments. Who wants to be in the MIDDLE of Illinois (the southern part) and try to find a hospital that may or may not have electricity.

I already called-off of work again tonight. My Sergeant is very understanding when things are legit. She knows my work ethic and knows I do not miss work unless it is necessary; this current situation constitutes necessary if you ask me. She and I go way back (four years maybe). I know four years doesn't sound like much but, when you work nights, even one month is way back. She was my Sgt. when I first started with my current department and she became my Sgt. again last year (maybe earlier this year actually). I would love to work for her for the rest of my time here. My work-ethic has also allowed me to amass a great deal of sick hours which lets me be able to say here with Cha Cha and get paid.
The real Monument's Men
I forgot that they have free in-room movies at this hospital. I am now watching The Monument's Men while I write this. Pretty fitting for Veteran's Day. Cha Cha and I saw it in the theater but I am willing to watch it again while she sleeps and I hunt and peck to make typos and errors and run-ons and dangling participles and such.

Emo Phillips and I have been talking quite a bit today. Cha Cha and I met him at Zanies Comedy Nite Club in Chicago several months back and he even recorded some funny drop-ins for us for Dirty Laundry Podcast. I would even go so far as to say he and I have been writing some comedy together over the last few days. I say that because it is 100% accurate. I think he is insanely funny; probably one of the best comedy writers in show business. I am not sure if that is the compliment I had intended. The "insanely" part kind of taints it maybe?  This podcast is gonna launch us into super-stardom sooner or later. Probably later - right after I die - that's how podcasting legends are born though I guess. Speaking Blogging of the podcast, I do not believe we will be recording a new show this week due to Cha Cha's obvious faking to get out of it. If she is willing to damage her liver and pancreas to get out of doing the show I will let her off the hook for a week.
I am just watching. I swear!

I am tired. There is a recliner here and maybe I will sleep while Cha Cha sleeps? Probably not. It is 1621 right now and they will probably be bugging her again soon. I am really happy that she is just sleeping. She really needs her rest. She works about 14-20 hours a day seven days a week and she has to put-up with me. I know she is just trying for sainthood so she can laugh at me in the afterlife. I would say she is a shoe-in for sainthood. I am gonna stop now. Should I watch The Green Berets or We Were Soldiers? Thank goodness for television remotes without our soldiers would not have been invented. Thanks for stopping-by. Have a great night and if you need hospital advice or some ER muscle give me shout. TTTT?...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment