Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So We Came to Northwestern to See What They Know

We came to Northwestern Hospital to see what they now.

The doctors were just in and they are happy with Cha Cha's progress (as are we). It looks like the stent they put in when they did the ERCP allowed Cha Cha to heal herself. She got by with a little help from a stent, she no longer gets high cause her help from a stent. She is gonna be in here for a couple of more days so they can make sure everything is okay; she will probably get sprung on Friday. Further proof that chiropractic medicine is so valuable - we can heal ourselves. That's what we do!

Well, if she gets out of here I am going to have to get to find things to blog about. I think blogging helped me deal with the stress and the down-times between emergencies.

I wrote lots of notes on the way in this morning. People probably thought I was texting and driving (illegal in Illinois) but I was doing the old-fashioned texting of using a paper and a pen. I am a traditionalist even though I do all of the new-fangled stuff too. So, I will get rid of some of those notes here before I lose my notebook.

Last night when I left the hospital (the last one Cha Cha resided - Rush Copley) we didn't know when she was going to head here to Northwestern. It sounded more like she was going to come here this morning rather than last night. Thinking I had some time to get all of her stuff out of her room I took three or fours of per plants/flowers and figured that I would get the rest this morning when she was packing-up and sent to Chicago. Well, as you know, the ambulance picked-her up and brought her here last night. They could not bring the remaining flowers and/or plants here in the ambulance. There was discussions of throwing them out but Cha Cha had what was, in my opinion a brilliant and very wonderful idea. She told them to give her the cards and hand the plants and flowers out to sick people on the ward and tell them that they were "from someone who loves you." I thought that was really nice. Talk about recycling? These flowers brought joy to even more people than they were intended to. And, now these people are wondering who loves them and didn't want to be acknowledged. Don't worry - if you sent her something I am sure it/they made it into the car with me. I sort of feel like Oskar Schindler - I could have saved more. If I had brought two cars I could have saved more.

I wanted to bring the Fiat rather than the 4Runner to Chicago today but, in this part of the MIDDLEwest this time of year, we never know when snow will fly. Especially when you come to Chicago with the lake-effect snow. The 4Runner, as you can probably guess, has 4-wheel drive. When I got to the parking garage I wished, even more, that I had brought the Fiat (better gas mileage aside). As I drove through the parking garage and was up to the sixth level with no spots to park I thought, "look at all those spots for "small cars only." I guess the words "small cars" are relative but I am fairly certain I could not be too convincing trying to argue that the 4Runner was small. So I had to drive up and up and had to settle on level 8 - the Barbra Streisand level. When I went to the elevator the song (oh my goodness I did not even think of this until now and I swear to blog that I am not making this up) You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore was playing. This has become a flowery blog. Another song played too but I don't remember what that was. Well, I sure do remember what level I am on.

When I walked out of the garage to the hospital across the street I saw a sign that said parking for the time I was going to be here was $52.00.. What? It is what it is and there is no price you can put on love but, if you had to, the price would apparently be $52.00.. So, I went through the shopping mall/airport-looking hospital and found my way to room 1552 (15th floor - cool). I had kind of a difficult time at first because the elevator I first got into only went to the 13th floor. I switched elevators and made my way here. Later, when I went to get food down on the airmallportspital I stopped and asked some ladies at a desk by the elevator. They asked where my name tag was. I told them that (to be continued tomorrow - another cliff-hanger)...
STENT!

The nurse just came in and I guess they are going to do another ERCP to check what is going on in Cha Cha's guts and, hopefully, remove the stent. Cha Cha can have clear liquids now and I learned "clear liquids" does not mean only clear in color. Chicken broth is clear, soda is clear, coffee is clear, cranberry juice is clear, water is clear, of course... It just means liquid only - nothing else in it at all.

I am going to stop now because I am going to remove Cha Cha's toenail polish and moisturize her feet (too bad - I am already taken ladies) but I know I will blog again tomorrow since we will still be here and there is at least one more procedure. Thank you, again, for all of your well-wishes, prayers, thoughts, kind words... We both really really appreciate every single one of them. I see them all because I have plenty of time to kill fill-up. I will be here blogging tomorrow so, TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment