Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Adventures in Hospital Sitting

I didn't know the specific color names
I am so tired of hospitals and beeping sounds and people in white and whatever color blue-green that is. There's a lot of pink and violet too but those don't seem to bother me. LOL - just as I wrote that a nurse came in wearing all orange. That is the first time I have seen orange scrubs here but it is nice. I kind of expect her to pull out a hard hat and a stop sign and direct traffic. I am going to try to get hospitalized in the Spring so I can witness the colors coming out of Winter. The potential good news is that Cha Cha may be able to go home today (there are a lot of maybes and ifs and hopefullys in that sentence). Her numbers have improved (by lowering) and, provided she can keep food down, they will let her go home. It is 1030 right now and, when they say people may be able to go home, you can usually add about eight to ten hours to that statement so, maybe by 1800-2200, she will start to be released. I will be surprised if we get out of here before 2300. I would not be surprised if she eats and has problems either. So, no pun intended, it's a crap-shoot. I will either go to work or not go to work tonight. I guess that could be said about every work night though couldn't it?

I just ran to Target and got Cha Cha a few things that she needed. Now it is 1141. I am happy to be blogging boring things again; that means there is nothing negative here at the hospital. You know that you're doing better when they stop bugging you so much.
You're welcome America!

I just saw on the news, because what else do you do while you're sitting in a hospital room, that there have been people camped-out at a Best Buy in California since last Wednesday for the Black Friday sales. What in the hell is wrong with these people? I think I have written it here before but, just in case I didn't or you didn't read that one, I was actually caught-up in that ONE TIME. I did not camp-out or sleep on the pavement I simply went early to try to get a Razor Scooter for one of the kids (I think for Splenda because Fabio was still too young for a scooter then). I got there and the doors opened. I made my way to the back of the store where they kept the toys and grabbed two scooters. They were one of the hottest toys of that Christmas. I did not need two scooters but I grabbed two anyway. I was wrapped-up in the bah humbug spirit of Americanism. On the way to the register I thought, "what the hell are you doing Ebenezer Moron? You don't need two scooters." Meanwhile they were all gone and I had one too many. I saw a lady rushing the other way and I asked her if she was going for a scooter which she acknowledged that she was. I told her they were already gone and I gave her one of the scooters. I like to believe that I made that child's Christmas and he ended-up being The Flying Tomato or something. One little act of kindness after a short bout of temporary insanity can change everything!

It is times like this (sitting in a hospital) that I am very happy that I blog. They try to make the rooms at the hospital hospitable but, when you have been here for so may hours, eventually you have seen all of the free movies and television gets kind of tedious so it is nice to have something else to do to occupy the time. I am happy that I have Texas Hold'em on my phone. Had I known that Cha Cha was gonna be here this long I would have considered bringing the recording equipment here and we could have done Load #166 of Dirty Laundry Podcast. We have recorded the show from hotels twice, we recorded while driving from Southern Illinois to Northern Illinois (regions and universities) in a blizzard, on a pier at a lake, in the backyard... so why not from a hospital room? Every time a nurse or an orderly or a doctor would come in we could have them as guest on the show. I would have loved to have been recording some of the exchanges at the two hospitals in Aurora before we came back to Blog's Country! (see a couple of the previous blogs for my and their shenanigans)
Ironically, this is also the spectrum of Cha Cha's urine colors

Well, I should end now so I have some more stuff to blog later in case I am still here tomorrow. They said Cha Cha may be able to go home if she could keep some solid food down but then they don't give her any solid food or even the opportunity to order any food. She's calling down to the dining room to see if she has orders in there to be able to order food. My guess is that they haven't even told the commissary or, whatever it is that they call it here, that she is allowed to order solid foods. She is finally talking to someone on the phone and she is ordering clear liquids (gelatin, beef broth and water) in the meantime - sounds like prison food to me. Now the nurse in orange is seeing if she can track down somebody because the surgeon did not put any orders in to that effect as he said he would. My guess is he will not be able to be located or he is in surgery and she will have to try at dinner time rather than lunch time (incidentally, it is 1313 right now).

If I go to work tonight, and that depends on whether Cha Cha goes home and I get some sleep, it will be my Friday. I only worked two days because of the Adventures in Waiting Room Sitting this week but am even more tired than I usually am. My guess is that I will be watching Survivor right here in this hospital room tonight. The liquid foods have arrived at 1329 (just for full-disclosure). Thanks for stopping by and for all of the kind words for Cha Cha; we both appreciate all of it. Have a great rest of your hump day and hump night. I am sure I will blog tomorrow and I am betting it is from right here in this chair in this hospital room. TTTT...MITM (in but out). Now it's 1406. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment