Saturday, November 15, 2014

MATTifest Destiny!

Well, it's still today and Cha Cha is doing poorly again. My pare went to lunch at a great Mexican restaurant called Friaco's Mexican Restaurant. The food was great and the service was great. We stopped on the way back and got Cha Cha more flowers and my parents got her a plant. The ones I bought her in DeKalb I took home. She loves flowers and plants so maybe this will cheer her up eventually. Anyway, I digress. We got back and she was asleepish with a look of pain on her face. Some of the medicine they gave her had given her a tremendous headache and she had vomited a bit in the bucket she had while we were gone. Of course, Dr. Pesterpuss marched his way down to the nurse's station to get an update and some more ice chips for Cha Cha. I spoke with her nurse Ashley and was fairly satisfied with the care while we were away. Maybe being a thorn in their sides is making a difference; whether it is or not I will not stop.
Maybe Dogs ARE Allowed in Hospitals after-all

A bit earlier there was a guy walking down the hall with a dog. It didn't appear to be a helper-dog so I was a bit curious. People were coming up to the guy and petting the dog. The dog was very well-behaved yet I could not understand why a dud was walking his dog in the hospital. He stopped and talked to a few people while they were petting the dog and he explained to them how his dog has visited 3300 hospitals and nursing homes... I have heard how petting dogs and cats can be good therapy and this dog with his guy just go around and let people pet him. What a nice thing. Obviously (since he was around nurses... it was okay. I am not sure that is actually true from what I have seen in the three hospitals I have been in over the last week. Man, Jeff Helser would be jumping up on everybody's beds and ripping out IV hoses... He is not a bad dog he is just rambunctious and loves people TOO MUCH. He does not bite but he is high-energy.

Splenda heads back down to school tomorrow. I had hoped that Cha Cha would have been home by the time she went back. I can tell this has been hard for her seeing her mom this way. It is hard on all of us. Fabio went to see her once in Dekalb but he has had to work the last three days and this kind of thing is very hard on him.
I guess the checking-in was counterproductive to the program
Tammy Lloyd, from back in the high school days, stopped by the end lounge here. She knew I was here from Facebook and maybe my blog? She has someone here in the hospital now too and she knew I was here so she found me. There goes my Witness Protection Program membership card. We talked for awhile. I hope everything goes well for her and her family. I hope everything goes well for everybody and their families now that I think about it. Wouldn't it be a great world if everything went well for everyone? Is that even possible he blogged hypothetically?

I went back down and saw Cha Cha and she is not doing well again. Even less well than I last blogged a couple of paragraphs ago. I cannot believe how tough she is with this sort of thing. Unfortunately, for the thirty years I have known her, she has had lots of experience with this sort of stuff. She should have been a female wrestler or a Navy Seal or something. I am glad she wasn't because I probably never would have met her then. It sound like she has been diagnosing herself again for the nurses. I have no idea when we will get out of this place.

They just called a "CODE YELLOW CATEGORY B EMERGENCY ROOM NOW!" over all of the hospital's speakers. According to the internet and Splenda's quick fingers that means that a patient is missing from the emergency room. Well, that sure makes sense here given some of the things that I have seen and heard. It could also mean bad weather is imminent but I don't know why they would add the "emergency room" part. Could there be bad weather in the emergency room? I suppose there could be but that is highly doubtful. Given my work experience I feel that I should head down to the ER and help locate the missing person person or bad weather. What in the hell is going on in this place? Stick inside these four walls... I went and checked and Cha Cha is still sleeping with a grimace on her face. Splenda goes back to school tomorrow and that makes me sad. Like I am not sad enough already.
Sorry, I am too busy blogging to assist in the search

Cha Cha is awake and feels like talking finally so Splenda and I are heading back to her room (three doors down from my look-out). Thanks a lot for stopping by and for your continued good thoughts, love and juju. I will blog again tomorrow because I have started something here and I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for my next blog. I am not sure when I will ever go back to work. I can only imagine that eventually they are going to get mad at me but I have the hours to be here and I have filled out my FMLA papers and I am staying in touch with my Sergeant. The world needs old, fat, stuffed-up, stressed-out ditch diggers too, right? Being here is really all I care about right now. Ques sera sera. MATTifest DestinyTTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment