Thursday, November 13, 2014

No Frills Hospital Blog

No fancy pictures in today's blog - I don't feel very picturesque.

I said I would blog today and I haven't yet so, being a guy who TRIES to keep his word SOMETIMES, I will blog. It is 1656 so I figured if I am going to do it I had better get on gettin' on.

We are still at the hospital (or for my British friends - at hospital) and Cha Cha is sleeping right now. Why do we Americans feel we have to add "the" to the everything? The doctor came in earlier and we received some potentially disturbing news. They are still waiting on some test results and we will know more later. She is in here for tonight for sure and I bet we are here for another three or fours days, at least. I just got done with dinner. I rode the elevator down to the basement and got a turkey sandwich, some Lay's Baked Chips, a salad and a caffeine free Diet Coke. Hospital food is pretty good these days. I remember as a kid that there was always jokes about hospital food

Channel 29 is TBS, 34 is USA Network, 35 is TNT, 39 is AMC, 44 is History Channel, 45 is A&E, 48 is FX, 51 is ESPN - that will help since they don't have one of those channel listing cards like they do in hotels. The network stations are the usual Chicago numbers but, right next to each Chicago network station, is the network equivalent station from Rockford. I will refer to today's blog when instead of surfing all the way up and down. I will directly head to the mogul I want. I could not find where Playboy or the other adult entertainment channels were. I should probably go door-to-door in the hospital and tell everyone to consult my blog for these numbers but they may like different stations so they are on their own.

I am pretty tired but I will happy that compared to what Cha Cha is going through. The hospital is very nice and the people here seem much more competent than the people in the two hospitals we visited in Aurora. This is the hospital Splenda was born in sort of. The hospital is newer than her but it is named the same thing and it is roughly on the same property that it was in 1992.

I left for a little while to go see the human resources (HR) people about applying for FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) as I am not sure how long this is going to continue. It is weird because I have to use my sick time, vacation time and comp time and I will still have to call in every night, unless my department and/or Sergeant don't require me to. It seems like the only thing that it is for is so I do not get in trouble for taking so many days off. I have to figure out if I will take "continuous" or "intermittent" FMLA. One means I will miss all days and the other one means I will work some days and take sone off. We will talk to the doctor at 0900 and see what the plan of attack is for Cha Cha.

Thank you again for all of the kind words for Cha Cha. She and I both appreciate you. I will probably blog again tomorrow. I will probably, not definitely depending on what happens tomorrow, blog tomorrow. Have a great night. MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment