Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Chicken is in the Pot

So many nice friends  and family members we have
Being a total narcissist I always reread the blog posts. The real reason I read them again is because I always get in a hurry and rarely proofread before I post and I like to go back and correct any errors/typos/dangling participles/fragments/misspellings/double negatives/triple negatives but that would be a positive I think... that I find. I saw that I forgot to mention that, when Lisa N. W. came yesterday she gave Cha Cha some flowers and in the card she left a Subway gift card for Fabio - she is smart. He was really grateful; I wonder what he'll have for dinner LOL.

My Sergeant is off tonight but she already passed-on the news that I would not be in tonight to the other Sergeants who will be covering for her tonight. She has been so supportive and amazing. Because of her I have not had to worry about work and could focus on where I am needed - here (or at home eventually if Cha Cha ever makes it there)!

It is now 17:30 and they just came and took Cha Cha away to prep her for her surgery or procedure of whatever an ERCP is considered. Unlike last night she was very calm. She is at the point now that she just want this over so the fear is gone. We spent a lot of quality time together this afternoon after they switched her pain meds to Toradol and he pain subsided. It's touch to watch your best friend go through something like this but we have to get this thing figured-out.

I have been traipsing around the hospital and the medical complex here getting paperwork so that Cha Cha and I can both get paid for our time off. I do not foresee her having a problem and I have plenty of hours in the bank I just have to cover my butt so all of these days are excused. They all know this is legit but, when you work for the State of Illinois, you have to have all of you ducks lined-up.
Cha Cha made me go get dinner because I haven't been eating very much. She suggested Starbucks. She said I should get a smoothie and I have always liked their sandwiches and salads. I went there and ordered an orange mango smoothie. I didn't see any salads or sandwiches so I asked the guy if they had any of either. He told me that they have a non-compete clause with McDonald's across the street and cannot sell sandwiches or salads. That's a bunch of crap. So, I thought I would drive down and try Buona Beef. I don't eat red meat but figured they have salads and chicken sandwiches and stuff. I got char-grilled avocado pepper jack sandwich and a buffalo ranch chicken salad. I ate the sandwich awhile back and I will have the salad when I am done here waiting for Cha Cha to return. The sandwich was awesome - hard to mess-up anything on a brioche bun. I anticipate the salad to be great too. Next time we come over to my parents' house we will have to take Fabio there - he loves Italian beefs.

I am gonna try to sleep for a bit in this comfy chair while Cha Cha is getting repaired. I will let you know when she gets back and I find out that she is all good. I have no idea how long it will take as they said, like they always do, it could take an hour or it could take three hours. So, hang in there just a bit longer (as I have to) and I'll tell you what I know in two to seven hours.

Thanks for hanging-in here with is for so long. You are all very kind and special people. TTT hours from now...MITM (zzzzzzzzzout) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment