Friday, November 28, 2014

Still Appreciating the Little Things

Yesterday was a nice day (Thanksgiving). We went over to the Sock Drawer (home of Cha Cha's brother and our sister-in-law -- The Lost Sock and The Found Sock) for Thanksgiving. It was a very nice day. Today my parents and Jill's sister Heather are coming over (in about two hours - 10:30ish) and we are going out for lunch/brunch. I think we are either going to The Junction or The Lincoln Inn. Then, later today, Splenda has to be headed back to school and her jobs down south. It was really nice to have her home; I believe her being here (as well as Fabio) was a great help in getting Cha Cha back from the brink of death. It was a great comfort to me too. I know that sounds dramatic but sometimes the facts are dramatic too. You know I like to create new words that nobody will ever use so why not "dramatfacts" - dramatic and facts combined? Don't be surprised if that becomes a new film genre like "biopics" did.

Today is Friday and I have to go back to work Monday night finally. But I will only work three days and then have me Thursday - Friday weekend. The one thing I like about this job over past jobs I have had is that when I go back to work I will just do my job. Most of my past jobs meant that I would have to do my job as well as catch-up on all of the work that I missed for the past week or two or however long I was gone. I just wish I could do it during the day and not on the real world's weekends.

Cha Cha is feeling a little better each day. I would say she is at about 72% of her norm. Thankfully, yesterday was a holiday in the U.S. and A. so she didn't have to deal with all of the insurance and follow-up stuff. I imagine today (Black Friday) will be a break too since most places make this a long weekend given the holiday was on a Thursday. She has some stuff set-up for follow-ups like having her stent removed. We are going to head back into Northwestern for that because we don't really trust anybody else anymore. I just hope that goes well; I am very talented at blogging the obvious. She still doesn't know that we will be going back to the same area again the following Friday night too. We should probably get a condo down there; we could rent it our to people going to Northwestern Hospital when we are not downtown? Maybe a time-share? Hmmmmmm
We gotta great big  convoy blocking Black Friday night

I cannot believe Black  Friday still exists. Doesn't everybody have a computer and the internet these days? Cyber Monday is right around the corner and nobody needs to get trampled or away from their families on Thanksgiving night. I think there are lots of internet sales and you don't even need to wait until Cyber Monday. My friend Brian Didier just posted on his Facebook page, "Not shopping just driving around delaying traffic. Currently double parked in front of Carson's." Firstly, I thought this was hilarious but then I started to think there should be a movement like "occupy Black Friday." We could rent U-Haul trucks and huge motor homes and such and just clog-up all of the entrances to stores to people who would normally be forced to work for their greedy companies could stay home and spend the holiday with their families. Doesn't anybody remember Convoy (song and film)?Maybe some people like working these nights because they get holiday pay but I imagine the do not get paid extra.

It is 0941 now and I am showered and dressed with my nails clipped again. Do our nails grow faster in the winter because there is less fruit and veggies and we need to kill our food with our claws? The other 3/4 of the house (3/5ths if we count Jeff) are still in bed. Jeff is a lot like me - we are ready to go at a moment's notice. I have to wrap-up so I can get everybody going. I hope you have a great Friday and an even better Frinight. I really appreciate you being here, as always. I will blog again tomorrow because I will still be on-duty here with Cha Cha and not on duty and my paying gig. Quite frankly the pay and benefits are much better working for Cha Cha. TTTT (63%)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment