Thursday, November 20, 2014

Where's Cha Cha?

It is 1134 and the love of my life is somewhere in this humongous building surrounded by strangers getting a blood transfusion due to the surgery she had been having this morning. It is such a helpless feeling. I know everything will be alright but, in the meantime, I just have to sit and wait. I thought that this whole ordeal had been going-on for a week but, as Splenda pointed-out, it has been two weeks ago today that the fuse was lit for this (insert whatever word you find fitting here).

Lots of people are worrying about me but please do not. I am fine. Use whatever positive energy that you have and aim it at Cha Cha (prayers, juju, thoughts...).

It has been about two or three hours since I wrote those two paragraphs up there because Cha Cha came back and I have been helping and hugging and smooching with her. She seems great. She has a bit of pain in her back (more like stiffness) and is getting some medication for that.

She did not have the transfusion after-all. I think the nurse thought that, since she told me that, but they were doing an angioplasty. I know a lot about what that is now but I will not bore you with something that you can Google. So, later they will probably have to do a blood transfusion but it sounds like that will be done right here in her room if necessary.
Baby Cha Chica seems to have been pulled from the well

She just hit the nurse's call button to try to get some pain medicine. Her back is hurting a bit and there is some discomfort up by her liver area again. She had some medicine at 1345 and she can only have it every two hours. Nobody ever told us how often she could have it but now we know. It is morphine again. I think they are getting tired of my "help" which means I am doing my duty. When they transferred Cha Cha from the operating room bed to her room bed here the pad she was lying on was clogging-up the whole deal and they needed my help to hold the pad. I am going to continue to do what I think is right. I rarely overstep my bounds. I came close on November 6th but I restrained myself right on the edge of the precipice. If you need to catch-up on all of this nonsense I would start with that day, or maybe a day or two before. Get you popcorn and favorite beverage ready first.

The doctor and nurse were just in (1400ish). It sounds like Cha Cha's blood is starting to look better and maybe no transfusion. The blood is regenerating itself like it is supposed to do. We are always ready for whatever curve ball could come but it looks like all of the good vibes from you have helped - THANK YOU!!! They still want to take out the stent and it looks like they have lots of things scheduled in the O.R. so that may not be until Saturday. The doctor will advise us on that later. Cha Cha has become like Baby Jessica (that little girl who fell down the well and was there for almost three days when we MIDDLES were younger). Everybody rallied around her, just like you did with Baby Cha Chicca, and it appears that she has been pulled from her well too.

Prepare Cha Cha with 3-in-1 oil, gauze pads & I will need 10 quarts of antifreeze...
A lot of people have been talking about how we should lawyer-up and the like. We are not people who typically think about or do that sort of thing. We will see what kind of bills we get and what the insurance company is going to do but, I agree we should not see any bills. It's like you take your plane (Cha Cha) in for a tune-up and Gordon Liddy tells you,"hey, you need a Fetzer valve..." But, when they replace the Fetzer valve your Ipswitch clamp goes out and you have to go somewhere else to get that fixed. The first plane mechanic would, in most cases if he was incapable or equipped to fix it, pay for that repair. We shall see what happens. Talk about creating your own business.

Tomorrow I think (and hope) I will be able to get back to writing about everything MIDDLE in America. I have a feeling, because of Cha Cha's huge fan club, I may have some new followers to the blog. That would be great; the more people I can make smile or think once in awhile the more that I will smile and think too. I will probably still have quite a few doctor things to blog about before we get out of here though too I imagine. Maybe I can start crossing-off some of the many notes I have in my notebooks too in a day or two. Thanks a lot for helping Cha Cha and I through this difficult journey so far - you were all a tremendous help. Whatever does not kill us makes us stronger! TTTT...MITM (relieved a bit and out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment