Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Warmed Cockles!

Funny how the news is unimportant sometimes (most times)
It's odd how, when you have an "ordeal" in your personal life, you aren't really concerned with what is going on in Ferguson, Missouri or in the Middle East or at Bill Cosby's house. I heard a bit about a couple of these things in the hospital while Cha Cha was sleeping or have one of her many upgrades. So, now two-three weeks later, these things are still the lead stories. I guess it is good that media has nothing better (or worse) to talk about.

Last night Cha Cha and I were watching the news while waiting for Splenda to arrive. The news show went live to the protesters and police in Ferguson, Missouri. The anchor in the studio asked the field reporter, "how long has this confrontation been going on?" The reporter answered, "coincidentally, just as the cameras went live." Dude, do you really believe that was a coincidence? The news stations should be cited for inciting these riots.

Cha Cha spent the entire day yesterday on the phone with this hospital and an insurance company and her H.R. department and that doctor's office and then a different hospital and then another insurance company and so on and so on and so on... Luckily, she is so smart and tenacious because most people probably give-up and then are stuck with bills that they really should not be responsible for. All of this from a procedure that never should have occurred in the first place that caused internal bleeding because somebody probably needed a new vacation home.This is why they let you take off work with FMLA - not so much for the recovery and recuperation. I don't think FMLA really stands for Family Medical Leave Act it stands for Figuring-out Medical Lingo Ambidexterity because you are going to take another week or two, at least, to figure-out their lies, trickery and tomfoolery.

Cha Cha is still getting very winded even walking across the room; I guess that is why I get paid to be her personal valet. She lost so much blood that her body will probably take weeks to get back to where it should be, At one point her blood count was down to seven. I am not sure exactly what that means but the doctor says they never like to see that get below 15 (I am guessing that is hemoglobin?). She literally could have been one of the stars of The Walking Dead. I hope she starts doing better in the next four days because I am scheduled to go back to work on Monday. I am told that I can extend my FMLA if need be but I prefer not to do that. If it comes to that I will, however, because even though I prefer not to do that I prefer Cha Cha not to die LOTS LOTS more.

One of the Sergeants from work just stopped by with a gift for Jill. He had been trying to get it to us for a couple of weeks but we could not get together with me going Gold Coast to West Coast (as far as Chicagoland goes). Several officers signed the card - it always warms the heart to know people are thinking about you. Speaking of warming - the gift that they gave Cha Cha was a beautiful blanket that Sgt. Grant's wife made. Cha Cha loves blankets and even more so now that she only has about 25% of the blood in her body that most of us have and she is cold all the time. I am glad this isn't vampire season because I am a better target now with her being low several quarts. Another of the Magi stooped-by last night. Our buddy Jay Cole "butterscotch with the sprinkles" brought over some chocolates for Cha Cha, You may know Jay as the person who has been on Dirty Laundry Podcast the third most after Cha Cha, The Agitator and Eric Solfisburg (with his great theme music).

While I am writing this I am catching-up on "my stories." If you don't watch Gotham I have pity on your soul. I have been a Batman fan since I was about three-years-old when the television series began in 1966 so, of course, I love thi- s show but you don't even need to be a fan of the caped-crusader to like this show. It is great. I am so happy to see that Alfred Pennyworth is a total bad-ass. That makes so much more sense than him being the doddering old fart from the television series.I should give him much more credit because he was responsible to maintain all of the Batquipment in the Batcave. I guess he does a lot of medical stuff to Batman and Robin never have to go to the hospital and try to explain their injuries to the authorities. Sounds like I am Cha Cha's Alfred - I really didn't give him enough credit. I hope the show gets Aunt Harriet on the show soon. I would cast maybe Raquel Welch or Jacqueline Smith or Jacqueline Bisset or somebody along those curved lines to play her.

Splenda got home from school last night. She was up when Jill was in the hospital and now she is back. It sure is nice when we are all here. Fabio is on the mend. We were really worried about him the other night. That was another reason it was good that I was home; I could go from hospital room to hospital room in this house checking on my patients. I slept fairly well last night but I am still pretty exhausted.

The blog got long (a lot different than when I am looking for stuff to write about - thanks for that Cha Cha) but I have to say one more thing - if you get a chance to see Saving Mr. Banks you need to see it. We have tried to get it from Redbox over and over for months but it was always out. I finally decided to reserve it on Redbox and I got a message that it was at one of the kiosks across town so I reserved it and went over hill and dale and got it. I knew a few of the stars in the film but it had quite a few of my favorite actors in secondary or tertiary roles that I was unaware were in the movie. In case you are not familiar - it is about Walt Disney attempting to turn the Mary Poppins series of books into the film. It probably would be boring for young children but not for us MIDDLES or beyond who grew-up on Disney films in the theaters. My mom would take us to every Disney movie when we were kids. I remember it would be: my mom, my brother, my cousins Carrie and Michelle and me. What great memories. I think my favorite was Song of the South though that was actually a re-release from 1946. It probably paved the way to make Mary Poppins with the mix of live-action and animation.

Okay, enough. I should not write several paragraphs the day before because it gets long. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve. I will probably blog again in the morning (writing most of it this afternoon and tonight) so you have something to read while your turducken is cooking. Thanks for stopping by and for all your continued for my main patient. Patient #2 works this afternoon so we will see how he is doing when he wakes-up. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment