Saturday, November 29, 2014

Everything Is Awesome (for now)!

Cha Cha was feeling a little light-headed last night. She is not really doing anything strenuous but her body is still healing inside and she is supposedly still producing blood to replace all that she lost from her internal bleeding. You may have seen on one of our Facebook pages that we went back to the emergency room because of this. She was feeling lightheaded and odd; and people say I am the odd one. Her feet were all tingly and she just didn't feel quite right.We talked about it for a bit and, given everything that has happened over the past month, we didn't want to take any chances. So, we get to  Kishwaukee Community Hospital and I go in and get a wheelchair and roll her in and then park the car. They got her in the emergency room pretty quickly and took all her vitals... turns out that her hemoglobin was down and her potassium level was low. The doctor in the ER called her doctors at Northwestern and they watched her for a bit and we got to depart with another $100 co-pay and have some more souvenir papers for our files. It confounds me that some doctors will not call doctors at other facilities - I imagine it is just hubris. The thing I like second best about the ER at KCH, the first being how close they are to our home, is that when there is an emergency they actually play the sound that they played on Emergency in the firehouse. Our next scheduled appointment is at Northwestern to have the stent removed.

Yesterday we went to brunch with my parents and Jill's sister Heather at The Junction Eating Place. Splenda was up from school - that is always nice. We will see her again over Christmas.Then Nature Girl came over for a visit. It was great to see her; it has been way too long. Cha Cha has become the Queen of England with all the people who want an audience with her.
Just About Anyway!

I have decided to change my name to Roy. Roy G. Biv to be precise. I wonder if I had a name tag with my last name on it people would now how to pronounce Biv? There was that R&B/hip-hop group Bell Biv Devoe back in the 1990's and everybody knew how to pronounce Biv then. They may still be together as far as I know.

I cannot get this song out of my head - Everything is Awesome! I was really surprised how funny The Lego Movie is. When Splenda was home the last time we started watching it together and then I ended-up recording it so Cha Cha could see it. I would not say I would go out and rent it but, if you have HBO and it is worth a watch. I have the theme song "Everything is awesome" stuck on my head.

Just so people know that my memory isn't as bad as they might think I do remember lots of things from Facebook that say, "share if you remember this" or "like if remember doing this." I just do not want to share those things. Occasionally I will "share" some of these things but they are usually not things like a restaurant you went to or a particular brand of soap or cereal or beverage... If you do something and are trying to promote it I will, about 95% share that but nobody really cares if I remember drinking Shasta Cream Soda or whatever. Why not Jolly Good? I have no idea why I selected Shasta Cream Soda because I am not sure if I ever had that or if Shasta even made cream soda. I imagine they did because, as I recall, they had every flavor imaginable when we were kids. Maybe we just drank Shasta because they had riddles on the bottoms of the cans.  Or was Jolly Good the one with the riddles? Cha Cha just told me that they used to pour the pop out just to read the riddles so her grandma quit buying that kind.

Alrighty, it is almost 1330 and I have lots to do around this house. I am still fairly certain that I will be sick at work Monday night. That is if there is not another cry for help by some damsel and I have to whisk someone away to a hospital or something. I would much rather be at work. Have a great Saturday and Saturnight - it will be weird having a Saturday night off and not having something planned. Let's hope that the night is uneventful. I will probably blog again tomorrow unless we decide to do a new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast (that is entirely up to Cha Cha). Thanks for being so supportive during these trying times - your thoughts and comments and prayers and hugs... have what helped Cha Cha and I get through this to this point. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment