Thursday, November 6, 2014

New Job - Operating Room Blogger!

Hey, let's travel 40 miles in a blizzard to have a baby
I feel kind of guilty right now. Cha Cha is down in surgery and I am sitting in a big cushy leather recliner watching television in her hospital room. The WiFi signal is very strong so I am able to blog. I wish I would have known that ahead of time (about the great WiFi) because I would have brought the equipment to record the next Load of Dirty Laundry Podcast when Cha Cha gets back here. Anesthetized podcasting would be another first for the show. This hospital is like a shopping mall back when shopping malls were cool (well, as cool as shopping malls were). This is the hospital where Fabio was born almost 18 years ago. I don't remember why we came all the way over here (about 30 minutes from our home) in the MIDDLE of the winter to have him. I am trying to remember who the doctor was that time. It's funny because when we had Splenda almost 23 years ago we lived in Geneva and drove all the way to DeKalb and then when we lived in DeKalb we drove all the way over here to Aurora. Maybe we just liked driving several miles with a newborn in terrible Midwestern winter weather (January and February). It's funny how you go see the doctor almost every week and then the doctor is part of the most special times in your life (birth of you children) and then you don't even remember who the doctor was.
 They are fans of the blog so they let me take CT Scan photos

Tomorrow we (may be the Royal "we" if Cha Cha is unable) are coming back over this way to take my dad out to lunch for his birthday. I don't think we're going to come to the hospital for lunch. Hopefully we won't even be here for lunch today. It is exactly 0900 right now. Supposedly, when she gets back to the room here her recovery is supposed to be about two hours. I just don't know how long the procedure itself will take. I am not in a hurry, I just want them to do the job properly. Things like this always make me thing about our mortality as humans. I don't think about it too often but, we are here on this rock for a short time really.

She is back from surgery. She was only gone for about half-an-hour but now we get to sit here for about two hours. I am in my cushy chair and she is lying in her bed waiting for her breakfast. Then we just have to wait to hear what they find from the biopsy (I almost typed autopsy - too soon?). My forehead is dry. I wonder if I could get someone to look at that while I'm here. I typed too soon - Cha Cha is now having some pain.

I blogged too soon I guess. She was having some pain and, because of the pain she described, they took her down for a CT Scan. I guess they don't call them Cat Scans anymore, huh? Maybe when people found that they weren't soft and cuddly they had to change that. And, right after she left, they brought the breakfast that she ordered here. I bet, when she gets back, they will tell her she cannot eat.. Her food will be cold by then anyway I bet. I am using the tray as my computer desk so I had better figure out something else before she gets back - I know...my lap (so that's why they call it a laptop). Now I am worried again. Now she is back (1022) and her food is here but she cannot eat it. It's like a medieval torture palace. We have to "wait and hear from the doctor." I am the one who had to ask if she was allowed to eat; I assumed that they would want to wait and see what the tests showed. Haven't any of these nurses ever seen a medical show? Further proof that I prefer her alive.
Me writing the blog in the operating room

If you have a loved-one in the hospital and need someone to blog and Facebook-post at their bedside I am for hire. I also will do weddings and birthday parties...

I am going to end here but will probably continue to do the play-by-play on Facebook. She is sleeping now and she is hooked-up to stuff and nothing is beeping or buzzing so it is only sleep. Have a great rest of your day and tonight. She just snored a bit (a sign of a regular nap and not a dirt nap). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment