Sunday, November 16, 2014

I am Sam Beckett

This is how it feels inside of my nose and chest
(I wrote this first paragraph very early this morning and forgot about it so here it is - it was supposed to be the start of the earlier blog) 

THIS BLOG WAS NOT PROOFREAD SO IT MAY BE EVEN WORSE THAT USUAL

I sort of had one my "episodes" or "happenings" or "leaps" again this morning at about 0657. I need to start a diary of these to see if there is a trend now that I am like a doctor spending all of my time in hospitals. I was able to get it under control but if I had been in public I would have looked like I was freaking-out or insane. Maybe I am? These things are starting for worry me which is ironic because I think stress is what causes them so I am creating my own "trips." This must be like what LSD is like. I had just finished posting the blog previous to this one. I had the television on in the background and the movie This is 40 was on. I was not watching it - it just came on after my previous background noise. There was a scene where three kids were yelling and then my chest/heart started to feel that feeling you get when your foot is falling asleep but it was my heart/chest falling asleep. My nose started to tingle inside. Wow, this truly is becoming a medical blog and not just for Cha Cha. The tingling started to spread to my arms and I lied back and actually said something out loud along the line of, "come on, not now!" I did not "transport" into a celebrity's body or head this time because I stopped-it but I guarantee that is where I was headed. Am I going insane? I am starting to get concerned now but we can only deal with one thing at a time so I will just enjoy it for now. If it is stress-related I imagine I will have plenty more of these "experiences" again this week. It's like Quantum Leap or something. It is exactly like Quantum Leap - of course it is exactly like a television show. Now I will probably jump into Dean Stockwell or Scott Bakula next time; not that there's anything wrong with that! See, I can even turn Cha Cha being in the hospital into being about me. I need to figure out how to harness this thing and sell the secret in a tell-all book. There is money to made here. It is 0709 and my heart is still beating a bit rapidly. Okay, I have to get ready for a day of hospital fun. Now onto new blogness...

It is now 1834 - almost 12 hours later and Jill seems to be sleeping well with the aid of one of her many pain medications. We have not heard anything about her MRI yet unless they told her while I was at Walgreen's buying her a hair dryer because of the highlight of her week-long vacation in Hell - a shower. We have found that the river Styx is not a very good boating river. It isn't terrible unless you get to toward the other side. Do you suppose it is insensitive to watch The Walking Dead in the hospital tonight? I may wait anyway, actually, now that I think about it. Since I would normally work tonight I would be sleeping now and when the show comes on so I always watch it Monday and blow-through the commercials. It appears to have more commercials than show based upon how much I am skipping through. The problem is that I may not be home tomorrow to watch it; it can wait.
Give me the news on her condition and then back away slowly doc

I am now down in the end lounge all by myself. The life of a bad-ass hospital strong-arm enforcer can be a lonely life. The benefits are amazing though. Of course, I am positioned to see her door in case any action is required in the service of my charge. While Cha Cha was sleeping earlier I went grocery shopping so, when I go home tonight for a few hours and sorta sleep in my own bed and then be there so Fabio gets up for school, I can make his lunch and then shower and make the 40 minute drive back here. I may wait to come back like 0700 or so so the traffic commuting for work has died down. The second floor in the A Wing seems kind of quiet tonight. That is a good thing I think.

Man, it feels so late and it isn't even 7 PM yet. I wish it were still the real-people weekend because then Fabio would not have school tomorrow and I would sleep in the nice leather recliner in Jill's room or maybe even check-in to the Holiday Inn down the road. It feels like I haven't been to work in a month when, in actuality, I worked one week ago tonight so, when 0600 rolls around in the morning I will have been off for one week. I cannot wait to go back to work. So much less stress than this and it will mean Cha Cha is home and able to manage her own care. I am unsure if I will be needed to help her when she gets out of here. I penciled my FMLA ending for the 30th though that can be changed if necessary. Did I mention that I am sleepy - I reiterate so, when you read this blog, you will forgive all of the typos and misspellings.

I think I am going to take advantage of the quiet and Cha Cha being asleep and either sleep in her chair and keep all of the patients awake with the snoring I have been saving-up or, I may head home and sleep like a real boy for six or seven hours and hope I don't Quantum Leap in the morning. I cannot believe that Splenda made the Quantum Leap connection when Cha Cha and I watched that show many years before Splenda was even born (actually only three years before she was born now that I check the air dates).

Have a great rest of you night. Please keep Cha Cha in your thoughts because she is still not out of the woods yet. There have been a couple of times when we thought she had turned the corner headed up hill but then turned-around and went downhill again. We all know going downhill is easier than going up. I know I will blog tomorrow. I am curious when I will be able to go back to work. Thanks again for all of your kind words. I know I will blog at least once tomorrow. Until then, in honor of Jill - Cha Cha for now (I hope we can do a new podcast soon). You are now relived of your blog-reading duties please return your laptops to their upright positions and I will blog at you tomorrow. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment