Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Blog

I kept teasing with the story of the rose. I have not been teasing on purpose but there were obstacles and challenges flying at me so quickly and many of the things that came-up took precedence. Now, without further blogdoo... the rose story (I sure hope it can live-up to the unintentional hype). Cha Cha received quite a few plants and flowers while in the hospitals. Her spirits would get down every day or two so I would stop and get her something when I was on the way in to see her to make her smile. One day I saw these little rose buds in small vases (just a bit larger than a shot glass). I got one of the buds. It had some babies breath and a couple of green leafs in the vase too. It was the perfect size to sit on that little wheeled table  next to her bed that they rolled over whenever she got ice chips to eat (since she could not have hardly anything more than ice chips the entire two weeks she was infirmed). The flower was also perfect to move with her from hospital to hospital because it fit right in her purse or inside of one of her bags. Her other flowers were not allowed in the ambulances. Anyway, to make a short story long, as she started to get better the bud opened up (bloomed). It stayed closed until she started feeling better. It's like the rose was sad and as Cha Cha got better the bud cheered-up and opened. By the time she came home the rose was almost in full bloom. I believe Cha Cha and the rose were synchronous.

I took a nap this afternoon from about 1400 - 1800. As you might imagine, I am still pretty tired from lack of sleep over the past couple of weeks. It was so weird because the sun had gone down during my slumber so it was completely dark when I awoke and I could not figure-out which hospital I was waking-up in. I was delighted to remember that we are home. There truly is no place like home. The only thing we are missing is Splenda and she will be home again this weekend.

All of the bull--- with the insurance and the bills has begun. I know we will talk LOTS and LOTS about this on Dirty Laundry Podcast when Cha Cha feels like recording a new show with me. I have so much I want to say about that but Jill is so much more passionate and knowledgeable about this and I do not to rob her thunder. Thunder is quite an understatement as you will discover. It is more like Tropical Storm Cha Cha or Category 5 Hurricane Cha Cha. I spoke to Fabio, who is home for day #2 with the severe cold that he has, and told him that while he is young he should consider moving to Canada so he doesn't have to endure the holocaust that follows being sick and needing medical care in the U.S.A.. The cold that Fabio has apparently is going around the entire area; lots of his friends and our neighborhood kids were home yesterday too (we will get some bills from that quick ER visit too, of course). If you have never seen the film Sicko I highly recommend it. I have seen it several times and, coincidentally, saw it a couple of weeks ago on one of our premium stations or something. I am pretty sure I DVR'd it and may watch it again as the aftermath of this whole ordeal unfolds.

I think Thanksgiving is in a couple of days. I am not sure what we are doing but I really don't feel like cooking and I really don;t feel like going anywhere. I am mentally and emotionally spent. Maybe my mind will change within the next couple of days. Speaking of change, I think the Airbourne and Zicam are helping. I was headed down a sicko path but feel okay (other than the whole mental exhaustion) but seem stabilized at the moment.

Last night I had several nightmares. They were all about me being tortured in some kind of dark underground cavernous place. I was strapped to a table and eventually broke free and as I was exiting the mazes of caves (kind of like Mark Twain Cave in Hannibal, Missouri) I heard screams from back inside the cavern so I turned back to help save the people in the caves. I knew that I was taking a chance of being recaptured but I went back anyway. I don't remember what happened after that in the dream but I recall having that same portion of the dream repeat over and over. I woke up with drool all over my face. I don't remember my dreams very often because I am a very light sleeper. I think me fighting a cold and not having slept much in the last two-three weeks allowed to me to get into a deep sleep. It may also be that I am sleeping "regular" hours and not sleeping during the day in a coffin.

Cha Cha just told me that she watched several episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond last night while I was having nightmares. She said that they remind her of us. She said Ray, just like me, "doesn't mean to be a boob." Then she tap-danced and said how lovable he is but sometimes he is just oblivious. Talk about an asterism (back-handed compliment). I have been told, on occasion, that he resembles me. I guess I resemble him since he is older than I am. He is incredible handsome. Remember, she is saying I am like Ray Barone not Ray Romano. I guess as long as "everybody loves" him I am okay with being a boob. I love boobs. Boobs represent nourishment and life. Okay, I have convinced myself that being a boob is a really nice compliment. Thanks Cha Cha.

I hope you have a great day and a nice night. For you here in America I hope you don't have to work on the holidays over the next month (I was there many, many holiday seasons and know it sucks). If you do I hope you at least work at one of the stores that has decided that family is important and allows you to be off at least on Thanksgiving. Here is a list of the greedy a-holes that are open on Thanksgiving Day because they are greedy bastards. There are three on that list that I can kind of understand (Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens) because people need medicine, especially during this cold and flu season. They have to make their business decisions but I don't have to like them. Maybe for solidarity sake I will write my Thanksgiving blog the day before Thanksgiving or not even do one at all? I know there are professions that have to work every single day (and night) of the year because I work in one of those professions. Lucky for me I have Thursdays off but I would be off anyway this year because I am a care-giver right now. Okay, enough rambling from me. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment