Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hold the Mayo PLEASE!!!!!!

In case you forgot this madness
Jill is now a resident of Northwestern Memorial Hospital. It has been kind of a busy morning with trying to get everything situated and insurance/disability paperwork, trying not to get lost both getting here and getting to her room so I apologize but, I did say it was a cliffhanger. So now I blog at 1316. Sorry if you had to worry.

She is doing great right now. She really hasn't had anybody do any exams on her yet other than watching her numbers and keeping her hydrated... but we still know this is a much, much, much better place than we have been to this week. Just the questions they ask and the way they talk with us is different. It is hard to explain. I guess they treat us more like intelligent people here rather than trying to show how much smarter than we are. It is kind of funny because, as it was shown by our visits to the other hospitals, we were smarter than about 85% of them but here, where I am certain that they are much smarter than me and are at about same intellectual level as Cha Cha, they talk to us as equals. I guess here they have nothing to prove - they just want to solve the problems.

It took about two hours to get here this morning. Cha Cha came last night in the ambulance. Of the three hospitals that Cha Cha has been and over-night or longer stay this is the furthest one. Every time she gets/goes to a different hospital we have to go further and further. Is The Mayo Clinic next? I say this will be the last one and they can HOLD THE MAYO! I have never heard that before but I can guarantee those words have been put-together when talking about The Mayo Clinic,
HOLD THE MAYO!!!!

We just got her a wheelchair and I pushed her around the entire 15th floor of the hospital here. This building is amazing; it's like a combination of an airport, shopping mall, office building, skyscraper and a hospital. We stopped off at some of the lounges and looked out the windows at other people in their offices. We can see Lake Michigan a bit between buildings and we are very near The John Hancock Building. I will probably stay here until 2230 and then head home about to get some sleep. There is a couch here that converts into a sort of bed so I could stay if I wanted to but I have other responsibilities and Cha Cha is in very good hands here it appears,

I am starving so I think I am going to go down the 15 floors and get something from the food court; it seriously jut like a shopping mall down there. I took lots of notes on the way in here so I will write more in a bit but wanted you to know that Cha Cha is good right now and we are waiting and optimistic, TTT a little bit later (I will wait until there is a Cha Cha update to bore you with my notes)...MITM (out to lunch) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment