Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting For Blagojevich

Quite honestly, this may be a boring blog because I am sitting in a hotel room in Marion, Illinois and I have had a few Peach Margaritas. Never mind....what can be more exciting than a hotel room in Marion, Illinois? If I wait long enough maybe Blagojevich will be here.

It only took five hours to get here and I am closer to Memphis than I am to home. Everybody in the car was sleeping (but me, of course) so I played car bingo by myself. I found that all roads lead through the MIDDLEwest. I saw plates from:Wisconsin, Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Kentucky, Nevada, New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa, Texas and I saw a truck from a company called Opie's Transport (opiestransport.com). I have decided that Illinois is the MIDDLE of the MIDDLEwest. What do you have to do besides think when you'e driving 80 miles per hour surrounded by corn but to think? That reminds me...Corn Fest is this weekend in DeKalb.

I thought why do Major League Baseball managers wear baseball unifoms? Can you imagine Phil Jackson wearing a Lakers uniform on the bench? How about an NFL or NHL coach wearing a uniform and pads on the sidelines or bench? I don't know why I never thought about that before but sometimes boredom brings brilliance. Speaking of unifoms has anyone else noticed that the suit seems to be losing it's hold on the fashion-world. You don't see as many suits any more. I blame global warming. Ironically dresses seem to be making a comeback.

While driving past Mansfield, Illinois I thought of Jayne Mansfield. Wasn't she killed in a car that hit a train? I think they thought she was beheaded but it was really one of her wigs. This is a great thought to go through your head, no pun intended, while you're barreling down the highway.

How is is possible to do 144 miles on 1/4 tank of gas but the range on the gas left is only 233 miles? Shouldn't I be able to go another 432 miles more? My math sucks but this seems pretty elementary. It's a Toyota so maybe that whole metric deal plays into this?

Splenda moves into her dorm Thrusday morning at 9:30. we were going to stay until Saturday but we are not staying that long anymore. I think we'll be cramping her style so we'e gonna get outta Dodge ealier so my dance-card is opening up for the weekend. That's fine because it's hotter than Satan's slippers down here.

Enough for today because it's been a long one and it will be a very busy one tomorrow. I will blog you again tomorrow and I will try to be more spectacularly bloggiful. Have a nice Thursday...it's almost the weekend. Blog you later percolator.

6 comments:

  1. stick around for a few days...maybe Tall Paul will be playin at the Hangar 9! Jayne Mansfield was beheaded when her convertible ran under the back end of a semi at a high rate of speed...her dog also was decapitated

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Peach Margaritas"? Puuleeezzz! Daughter in college or not, she doesn't want her Dad drinkin' "Peach Margaritas"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thus the name Mansfield bars now on all semi's to prevent cars going under them. Jaynes daughter is Mariska Hargitay. Matt drink a shot of JD buddy; without the umbrella lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am secure in my drink choices. Remember, I am 48% estrogen. Are you SURE she was actually beheaded? And, how does a dog get beheaded?

    ReplyDelete
  5. she also had a parakeet, a gerbil and a small boa constrictor with her.....all beheaded... very strange accident

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALl Peach Margarita-related I have heard

    ReplyDelete