Monday, August 16, 2010

Badass Babalu!

I'd better type fast because the Benadryl Fairy (copyright/trademark/patent) visited about 1/2 hour ago and the Benadryl (kazillionth-ching) Fairy waits for no blog!

I was at The House Cafe' open mic night again (every Monday). Splenda and I went together since she will be gone to school very soon. Sugar Momma said she was going to stop but she didn't. So, I texted her to make sure she wasn't in a ditch somewhere or had a flat tire or whatever my worrying mind seems to conjure up. Then I tried Sparky's texting contraption. No response from either of them. I got home and he was on the computer and she was in bed watching television. This seems to be the week of people making plans and not following through with them. Can I get some cheese with this whine?

I told you last night that I was going to talk about Splenda going to school and how I'm dealing with it. I am very proud of her and excited for her but as you can probably tell by the last paragraph I am a worrier ("Worriers, come out any play-ay"). Fortunately she has been going out with her friends every night before they all go their separate directions to maybe never see each other again; it's kind of like parent/college student Spring Training for me. My parents didn't seem to care about me going six hours away but, then again, I transferred from Community College as a Junior so I was almost 21 when I left. Also, I am much more annoying than my daughter is (you didn't have to agree so quickly) so they were probably happy to see me leave. Well, now with Facebook, they will probably stay in touch. I hadn't talked to most of my Facebook friends since high school and now quite a few of them are what I consider some of my best friends even though I still haven't SEEN them since school. Anyway, I will miss her a great deal. She and I have the same senses of humor (well, we don't share ONE but our senses of humors are similar) and I think we "get" each other. I know she will do great but I had always hoped that since we live in a college town (NIU) she would have gone there. It doesn't matter I guess...eventually the birds have to leave the nest. I am happy for her and know she will do great.

When I was working out today I added more to my workout. Firstly, I am up to 600 sit-ups (ab crunches) but that isn't the best addition. I did ten miles on the excercise bike and while I rode I played my small bongo drum (no that is not a euphemism). I have the precision bug again. I had played drums from the time I was seven until I was 17. I like to beat on stuff! Who needs a bongo player who can sing pretty well in their band? Going to The House Cafe makes me want to put something together and get up on stage; it's like my Weekly Woodstock. I knew there was a reason that the cosmic forces guided my to The House and I think I was meant to bang on the drum all day. Sugar Momma may be right I think I AM turning into a BEATnik.

The Benadryl Fairy just announced last call so I have to wrap it up. Oh jeez, she just turned half of the lights off. I will blog you again tomorrow; have a Tuesday and don't make me worry about you. Ta!

** college photo packed and stacked from likethedew.com & bongo photo pounded from 3docean.com & thanks to Dena for the badass babalu! **

3 comments:

  1. you ROCK!!!! Crunch boy! we gotta kick it at some point Matt! Time to jam with a group of us "beatniks" Everyone bring their own instrument, and lets throw out Summer Panther style lol
    Great Blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then go on stage at one of The House Cafe's Open Mic nights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you for the "great blog tonight" comment.

    Maybe The Beatnik Panthers (is that like cougars?)

    ReplyDelete