Friday, August 6, 2010

Holy Google Gagapalooza Paranormal Sandwiches!

Weekend's here, weather's clear, get used to it.

The Lollapalooza music festival is going on right now in Chicago. Lady Gaga is on stage as I blog. They did not allow television cameras into the concert but WGN TV managed to get pirated video and air in on their 9:00 PM newscast. This is the same WGN television that threatens to sue you or I if we reproduce any portion of the Cubs broadcast without the expressed written consent of them and Major League Baseball. What a bunch of hypocrites. Dean Richards, who was doing a live remote, even said that Lady Gaga always says she does it for the fans blah, blah, blah...but she won't allow their cameras in. Oh, you mean the same way that you try to make the Chicago Cubs out as America's team and do essentially the same thing? Hypocrisy drives me crazy (cuckoo-bananas crazy). Lady Gaga's concert is her intellectual property just as WGN's broadcast is theirs. I like WGN television a great deal and I have my entire life but I don't agree with their hypocritical behavior on this issue. I have to admit I don't care for Dean Richards though; he's pretty pompous.

Why do race horses pee so much and why does poop go so fast through geese?

Have you seen that current Quizno's Subs television commercial? The one with the cats dressed in crazy clothes singing to the tune of Three Blind Mice. Who approved this idea? Okay...food and cat hair - bad idea. The idea of mice and food together - bad idea. This tune is also the song of The Three Stooges. Morons making my submarine sandwich - bad idea. Instead of wanting a sandwich I think about three maroons making my sandwich as singing cats chase mice while getting mouse hair and cat fur all over everything including my food. No wonder Subway is king of the sub right now. Didn't Quizno's have a commercial with a giant rat or some rodent talking about the sandwiches a few years ago? I guess they are getting some attention; I will blog about them but I'm not eating there.

Why is something fun called a riot? I have never been a part of one but riots don't appear that fun to me even when seeing them on the news. It's definitely not fun if you are on the business end of the riot but even the rioters seem angry.

I received a response to my inquiry looking for a Medium for the October seance on the Paranormal Research Society site. They want to know "Is this for research? Entertainment?" I am not sure how to answer that question/questions. I guess it's a little of both. Aren't all paranormal investigations entertainment? There are quite a few shows and movies and books about them so I guess they are all both. I don't know how to respond. I guess I will tell them that it is both! I want a little entertainment but not like Poltergeist or Exorcist or Amityville entertainment.

I think that if I had to do it over I'd be better looking.

Singer Katy Perry and actor Russell Brand are to be married soon. Perry's friend Rihanna is trying to throw a bachelorette party or make the female version of the movie The Hangover for Perry. Can you imagine the pressure to do this? Firstly, how could it possibly be good enough and secondly, every Blog, Dick and Harry are going to know how well it went and criticize the party no matter what you do. What would you do with virtually unlimited funds and you had to throw your friend a shindig to end all shindigs? It would have to involve a third-world country I think. Wow, I don't know what I would do if I were throwing YOU your last party as a single person. I don't even know what I would do for myself if I had unlimited means to do whatever I wanted to do. It's a lot less pressure to live day-to-day I guess. Sorry Rihanna I know you read this blog to get some ideas but I'm at a loss. Give me a call and we'll come up with something spectacular together.

Have a Saturday already will ya? I still need to get The House restaurant review (I went there again today - two days in a row) and the Hot Tub Time Machine review posted...I will do it toot sweet. Have a riot today; blog you soon!

** lady gaga photo googled and gaggled from media.tumbir.com, quizno's photo custom ordered from eater.com, paranormal photo entertainingly exorcised from justjared.buzznet.com & katy and russel photo paparazzi'd from mirror.co.uk **

2 comments:

  1. 1. The cubs are Americas team...Americas worst team (as u know i am a cub fan)

    2. Have u been to a Quiznos lately? I would prefer Curly to make my sandwich...tatoos and lip piercings are a source of loss of appetite for me.

    3. Lest ye forget: Carbondale Halloween=fun riot!


    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg - Carbondale Halloween was a riotous riot. I stand corrected on riots. I hate when people pigeon-hole things and here I did it with riots.

    Our Quizno's (Dekalb) closed about 2-3 years ago thankfully. I have not been to one since and even then probably only 3 times in my life. Now, thanks to you and their stupid ads, I will probably never be again.

    I'm happy you like the blog - thank you

    ReplyDelete