Saturday, August 14, 2010

There's Acute Bronchitis up in this Hizzy!


Well, only a few of you true blog faithful read these on the weekends but even if there is only one of you I have made a commitment to you so I will blog just for you. Sugar Momma was feeling run-down and kind of sick from all of her traveling lately and felt so badly that she went to the hospital emergency room early this morning. She came home and said she has acute bronchitis which could possibly turn into pneumonia. So we left her home to rest today and then, while we were gone, she went to Walgreens to get her antibiotic when it was ready. She said they tried to charge her $350.00 for it so she didn't get it. Usually her insurance pays almost the entire amnount but this time they only were going to pay $56.00 of it. So the pharmacist is trying to find out what's going on or get ahold of her doctor for a different prescription. I bet we go back to the hospital within the next 24 hours and she is admitted; I hope I'm wrong.

Saturday night I worked security at that 50 Men That Cook event. It was pretty cool. There were 50 different tables set up with 50 different chefs (mostly amateurs) cooking - did you guess that? There were Five categories: appetizers, entrees, side dishes, desserts and professional. People got to sample as many of the dishes that they wanted and vote for their choice of best dish in each category. The winners received some pretty cool prizes; I am enter next year. The ones I really liked were: Hawaiian Coconut Bread Pudding with Coconut Rum sauce, Cool Corn Summer Salsa and the Guacamole & Seafood. There were a lot that I didn't try because they were meat dishes and I didn't have too many of the desserts and that seemed to be the largest category entered.

We drove by the Boone County Fair today. There must not be much to do in Boone County because that place was packed and it was in the MIDDLE of the boonedocks. Now I know where that term comes from.

Monday is Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres' two year wedding anniversary. Portia has announced that she will take Ellen's last name now. Firstly, why is Portia going to take Ellen's last name? Is it because Ellen is a household name right now? Fame in Hollywood shifts all the time. Is it because Ellen wore a suit to the wedding and Portia wore a dress? If so, that's sexist I think. How about a hyphenated de Rossi-Degeneres or Degeneres-de Rossi? Ellen's show is called Ellen (no last name) so it wouldn't matter if Ellen was named Ellen de Rossi which I think sounds better than Portia Degeneres. Honestly, I don't really care but they both seem nice and I am glad they are happy. Happy Anniversary ladies.

It was a long day and I am tired so I will make this a short one (TWSS) and I am worried about Sugar Momma so I will probably go hover in there for a bit. I think I will sleep downstairs though so I don't disturb her sleep. I hope she feels better soon because we have to head South for college drop-off. That's not the only reason but I know she really wants to go see her baby get moved into college. I don't know what we'll do if she's still this sick. It's not like Splenda can not show up to school. Adulthood and adult decisions suck most of the time. Peter Pan was on to something. Sugar Momma's coughing like crazy in there so I am going to end now and see how I can help. I will blog you again tomorrow.

** acute bronchitis graphic coughed-up form liveingoodhealth.info, 50 men who cook graphic pan-fried from woodlandcompany.com & de rossi/degeneres wedding photo joined in blogtirmony from etonline.com **

2 comments: