Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's the New Bloggeroo Comin' Right at You!

Hi there. I hope you had a nice weekend. Sugar Momma and I didn't get a chance to see a movie yesterday so I don't have a New Zoo (movie) Review comin' right at you. I may or may not get over to see Dinner With Schmuck's today but if I do I will review it over there ----->, of course.

At 11:45 yesterday morning Sugar Momma said she was tired of looking at all of the weeds at out subdivision's entrance so she was going to go over and weed the three parkway islands and the two sides of the subdivision entrance. Of course me, never being able to pass up a good time said, "I'll go with you." Wow, there were a lot of weeds there. We worked for two hours pulling weeds. I really understand what they mean when they say something "grows like a weed." We have a home owners' association but the subdivision was sold not long ago and ever since the new company purchased the subdivision the landscaping (mowing, weeding, mulching...) has been very sub-par. So, we took it upon ourselves to work on it. Vigilante weeding! I guess I won't be paying my association fee since we worked off our share. I have before and after photos for when they try to collect; maybe I will write a letter to the editor? Maybe we should get a free day at Disney for our day of service. I would think the people who are trying to sell their homes here, and there are a lot of them, would have been making a stink.

Today I hope to do absolutely nothing and I know it will be everything I imagine it to be. It's impossible to do absolutely nothing. When you think about it if you have to consciously work at doing nothing you are doing something - trying to do nothing. I am not going to do nothing (I really am but I'm not going to try - our secret). I'm already writing this blog so I guess I have failed.

Matt In The Middle "Middlers" (followers) increased by about 12% over the weekend. Membership has its advantages! Maybe I should have a Middlers membership drive.

One thing I will have to do is change the intertube (or is it innertube?) on my bike. I have Stretch Armstong'd my rear tire into oblivion. Maybe Lance is the bike rider, now that I think of it, and his brother Stretch was the body builder from the 1970's.
While we were weeding I thought WWXD. No, it's not a radio station. I thought "What Would Xerxes Do?" Why am I thinking about Xerxes? Exactly who is Xerxes? Doesn't everybody think about Persian kings from before Jesus while getting weed-induced hand cramps? I think stretch Armstong may have played him in a made-for-tv movie back in the day.

I know somebody has because I hear it is so great but, who has been to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago? I have lived in this part of the MIDDLEwest all of my life except for that brief stint where I lived in the MIDDLE of Europe and I have never been to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I have been to Brookfield Zoo 946 times but never the free zoo that is supposed to be amazing too. When I, and most of you Middlers were kids, Doctor Lester Fisher from Lincoln Park Zoo was a regular on Bozo's Circus and we all sang "you got your green alligators and long neck geese, some humpty-back camels and some chimpanzees..." and we always still went to Brookfield Zoo. It must have been because it was closer to we Suburbanites. But, Sugar Momma and I have spoken to quite a few life-long MIDDLE-westerners and we haven't found too many people who have been to LPZ. If you have been there let me know. I am just curious, firstly, how it is compared to Brookfield if it DOES exist and, secondly, if anyone has really been there.

Alright that's enough from me for today. My fingers are still all weeded out from yesterday's drive-by weeding. Have a great day and I will try to think of something really exciting for tomorrow's blog but if I don't I will blog it anyway. Is thinking of something to blog about doing something because if it is I can't do that because I'm trying not to do anything. Have a happy Shomer Shabbos (that was for you Brian).

** weeds graphic plucked from fanpop.com, stretch armstrong pulled from bigredtoybox.com and dr. fisher graphic unicorned from chicagonow.com **

2 comments:

  1. Can't say I've ever thought of Xerxes while weeding. My thoughts when weeding are generally along the lines of "#@*$ing weeds. Why do they grow seem to grow faster than anything else?". Maybe I should start thinking of Xerxes instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I kept thinking that if I were Xerces I would have an army of people out here doing this for me while I watched (because I needed entertainment and television was a few years away still).

    ReplyDelete