Friday, August 13, 2010

Free Information Here!

Friday The Thirteenth did not prove lucky for us and the Illinois Mega Millions lottery. We did not win yet but I already have my ticket for Tuesday's drawing too. So far, down $3.00 (including next Tuesday) for the Magic 8-Ball blog numbers. Maybe I'll buy one in Wisconsin tomorrow too. When we win I am having one heck of a Blogck (patent/trademark/copyright) Party and you'll be invited!

Today I wanted to get all of Splenda's laundry done because she is packing for college and I wanted all of her clothes washed quickly so I was going to use the dryer instead of line-drying today. I believe the dryer is having jealousy issues in regards to the clothesline because the heating element in the dryer doesn't work. It turns on and tumbles but no heat. We have one of those dryers that has the regular dryer on the bottom and the hang dryer on the top (pictured to the right) and the heating element works fine on the top part. It's time for the Maytag Repair Man to wake-up and get off of his lazy rump. Yes, it IS a Maytag. I definitely need to get it fixed before winter.

Being the ingenious Dude that I am I washed all the clothes here at home because the Maytag washer is still working properly and loaded them into laundry baskets and took the to a laundromat. It cost like $3.00 to get them all done and I bet that's cheaper than the gas I would have used would have cost to heat the dryer if I had done it here. The ingenious part comes when I decide to take them to the Third Street Laundromat. The House Cafe so happens to be on the corner of Third and Lincoln Highway; just across the tracks and down 1/2 block from the laundromat. Guess who has two thumbs and had a Salsa-Avocado Wrap for lunch - This Guy! The Dude abides!

I got to drive to O'Hare International Airport again Friday night. I arrived there early and waited for Sugar Momma by the baggage claim area. I love going to the airport and watching people. I really miss the days when you could just go into the terminals and sit at a bar and watch people. Maybe the terrorists really have won...they robbed me of this American pleasure. The people are great. There is every flavor of people getting off the planes at a large airport. In addition to every flavor there is also every expression imaginable: panic-stricken, elation, love, excitement, worry, intensity, curiosity, confusion...). While I was standing watching CNN on the television in the baggage area a lady (MIDDLE-aged like me) came up and asked me if I knew where she picked up her luggage for a Continental flight. I asked where she came from and she told me "Newark." I would have guessed New Jersey by her accent. We were in the United Airlines terminal but I looked at the monitor and saw two United flights had just arrived from Newark and asked her what her flight number was and it was neither of the United flight numbers. Then I suggested she asked someone else who worked there (maybe she was trying to pick me up and I am stupid though if she was trying to pick me up that would make her the stupid one right? he asked fishing for compliments)....flash forward to the short-term parking lot while walking out to our car. A car pulled up and a guy with an Australian accent rolls down his window and asks, "where do I pay for Cubs parking?" (We were in the "Cubs" section of the parking garage but I was dying to say "I'd try Wrigley Field") I told him to follow the signs to the exit and pay as you leave. What the heck? I guess I shouldn't have had that "Information Desk" tattoo put on my forehead yesterday. I must have a helpful, not rapist or mugger-looking face or maybe I just look like a dude who knows stuff (boy have they misjudged).

It appears that my working as a supervisor at my part-time job a couple of weeks ago was a sort of an audition after all. It looks like I am a supervisor now. It means more money and probably more hours which is nice. They called me today and asked if I could work security tomorrow for an event called "50 Men Who Cook." Don't they know that I am probably more qualified to handle the information booth? I am kind of excited because, as you undoubtedly know, I like to cook and I am about 52% man so this should be fun. What kind of security will there be? Making sure there are no knife fights between the teams?

Do something blog-worthy Saturday. The temperature is supposed to break soon in the MIDDLE states; I hope you get nice weekend weather. I will blog again late Saturday or early Sunday after Wisconsin and work. See you later Lunar crater (have you seen the meteor shower?...late Friday night again). TA!

** our maytag dryer photo got of their lazy butt from appliancist.com, flavors of people joined from salem.k12.va.us & information obtained from clipartof.com **

2 comments:

  1. I just got back from O'hare.. Next time, text me, so all of us can meet and have a drink or some Nacho's lol.

    ReplyDelete