Monday, August 23, 2010

Billionaire's Club...Apply Within!

I am in a horse poop mood so this blog may be worth horse poop but a blog is a blog of course of course and this one is typed 'til my fingers are coarse. That is unless that blog, of course, is the infamous MattInTheMiddle blog. (See what I mean?)

I did quite a bit today. I got my son going for school, I went grocery shopping, I did six loads of laundry, I cleaned up the yard, tore out a dead bush (TWSS), I mowed, I watered the lawn and flowers (creating more work for myself), I made dinner, I cleaned the kitchen twice, I worked out (adding 12 more miles to the excercise bike in addition to the weights and such), I did some electrical work which caused sparks and breakers to pop (I could have used you Judii), and now I'm typing a blog. My theory of doing other things to make-up for not working-out was once again proven wrong. If you miss work-outs you will have to go back three spaces. I still managed to do the entire work-out but it was tough. I didn't listen to music this time I went to my DVD library and watched Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. I love this movie; probably because I'm a beatnik. Sugar Momma and I saw it at the theater when it first came out. We went to the Warrenville (Illinois) Ten-Thousand-O-Plex and played what I like to call Show-Time Lottery; we walked up and went to the movie that had the next show-time. I had forgotten how many people who are stars now were in that film. I love Kevin Smith and think he must have been the guy who gave Adam Sandler the idea to keep using all of the same actors from film to film though I suppose Hollywood used to all be that way when actors were under contract at one studio. If you haven't seen it and want to borrow the DVD let me know - I don't deliver or pick-up though.

One of my favorite websites since I have known about the internet has been and is www.imdb.com (internet movie data base). Other than Matt In The Middle this is the best thing on the Wicked Witch of the West (WWW).

Next Monday I give plasma. Coincidentally, Heartland Blood Centers called today and told me that I am able to give blood again. Thanks Twilight Countess Dracula but I have sold my soul to the plasma werewolf now. I feel like I'm cheating on Heartland but if Bill Clinton taught us nothing he taught us that giving or getting plasma isn't cheating. "I did not have plasma relations with that clinic!"

Have you heard about this Billionaire's Boy's Club (they're not all men and I am anything but a sexist but this just flows better phonetically) that is pledging to donate half of their nets-worth to charity when they die? Warren Buffett and Bill Gates got this idea together and have about 40 billionaires on-board. Most of the people who have made this promise are from California, go figure. There are a few from the MIDDLEwest though: Warren Buffett, who pledged to give 99% of his wealth to charity (Nebraska), Walter Scott Jr. (Nebraska), Thomas S. Monaghan (Michigan) and Jim & Virginia Stowers (Missouri). The biggest names we recognize are: Gates, Buffett, Hilton, Rockefeller, Bloomberg, Ted Turner and George Lucas. Where are all of the entertainers and recording artists? Tiger Woods, you are excused because you probably don't have a billion anymore. Pony-up Oprah! This is one club I would be happy to join but I am afraid that I don't meet the minimum requirement of HAVING AT LEAST ONE BILLION DOLLARS! I think it's a magnanimous gesture, since I am not one of their heirs, but I wonder why can't they donate some if it now and help take care of some of our nation's problems? I imagine they want to make a difference the way they want to make it while they are here. Incidentally, the United States has about 400 billionaires. For the record...if I were a billionaire I would make this pledge and my heirs would have to manage to get by on a minimum of half-a-billion. If I had a billion dollars...I'd be rich!

Alright, Tuesday Bluesday. Try to have a nice one and remember Humpty Dance Day is only a day and a Hennessey away. Blog you later tire-rotater. TTFN.

** freddy and shaggy photo zoinked away from portaldenoticias.com, billion dollars photo counterfeited from scrapetv.com & doctor evil photo shagged from wingbets.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment