Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Hope We Get Leftover Carryout!

Sugar Momma was at a taping of the WTTW Channel 11 (PBS) show "Check Please!" Wednesday night in Geneva, IL. They are reviewing Bien Trucha on State Street. There are already reviews on Yelp.com (actually 90 of them) but I would suggest we get there before this show airs because then it will become even more popular and crowded. There appears to be a local version of "Check Please!", visiting their local restaurants, in most television markets that have a PBS affiliate. Sugar Momma asked if I wanted to go but it’s getting difficult for me to go out in public without being mauled because of the popularity of Matt In The Middle. Also, I didn’t want to take away from the restaurant’s big night. I think they must have wanted Sugar Momma because the word probably got out that she has been in a feature film with Kathleen Turner (you MIDDLE-agers will remember her) called V.I. Warshawski. "Check Please!" pretty much does what I do, or more accurately I do what they do, over there ----> in the Matt In The Middle “Restaurant Review” section. It was 4:15 when I found out about it and I had to be there at 5:00 so it didn’t work out. I will let you know when it's going to air so you can watch Sugar Momma eat on television. I should start an IMDB of her.

Wednesday was a perfect day for hanging laundry out on the line. A little sun with a cooler temperature and a nice breeze. It probably would have been a good day for surfing too but there isn’t much of that going on in my neck of the corn and there were no concerts Wednesday during the day out here that I know of so laundry it was.

I worked out and did the usual arms and legs stuff but bumped the sit-ups tot 600 and upped the bike mileage to 20 miles. I don’t know if I’ll do that whole workout every time because it took about an hour-and-a-half but it was a good sweat and I still ache a little (no pain just ache). I went to the DVD rather that ROZ again though she was counting my peddling. Today’s workout was brought to you by The Ben Stiller Show. It’s fun to watch those old shows that you haven’t seen in awhile. This was a show on some new network called FOX when we only had ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS as networks. We all knew that the Fox Network would never last; I guess we weren’t counting on The Simpsons being so strong even though most of us have watched from the beginning obviously. Anyway, I got through 4 episodes of Stiller during my workout. In addition to the cast of: Ben Stiller, Bob Odenkirk, Janeane Garofalo, Andy Dick and John F. O'Donohue the episodes I saw included: David Cross, Dennis Miller, Gary Shandling, Gary Coleman, Casey Kasem, Danny Bonaduce with no facial hair and some kid named Marky Mark (Mark Wahlberg now). I didn’t realize that one of the creators along with Ben Stiller was Judd Apatow. My favorite though is Bob Odenkirk because we went to SIU together and worked together at WIDB Radio(inner dorm broadcasting) at Southern Illinois University. He is from Naperville and my age (he's one year older actually) so officially a MIDDLE. He went on to write for Saturday Night Live for 13 years and have his own show on HBO (Mr. Show) and appear on and write for countless television shows and movies and I write this blog; boy did he miss out! You can see full episodes of the Ben stiller Show on HULU. They redirect you to the WB but I love HULU and all the movies and shows you can watch for free there. I have put the link to HULU over there -----> in the “suggested Links” section - if you need a laugh go there and search “Ben Stiller Show” and pick any episode or just watch a free movie or episodes of hundreds of television shows.

I heard today that Facebook is worth 34 billion dollars. Hey Gates and Buffett, have you contacted them yet?

Have a nice Thirsty. I know I've blogged it before but the name should be changed to thirsty instead of Thursday because it seems to be the night that most people go out to drink. Thanks for all the nice words lately about the blog; I am glad so many people like it. Spread the joy, tell your friends. If you don't like the blog, however, keep that to yourself please. I'll blog you again tomorrow when I have more to say (I rarely seem to be at a loss to blog). TT...MITM.

** check please! graphic tipped from alohaeats.com, ben stiller show photo ensembled from img1yicho.com & thirsty thursday graphic parrot-headed from barefootchildrenphc.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment