Friday, August 20, 2010

Some Call My Blog Hell But I Call It Hades!

Back home from a long trip surveying the northernMIDDLE, middleMIDDLE and southernMIDDLE of Illinois. It's nice typing the blog on a real computer but I am grateful for the mini HP because without it I would have felt guilty for not posting the blogs. It was 66 degrees when we left so I turned the air off. It isn't 66 degrees anymore so the air conditioning is back on because the thermostat read 84 and the only hot Sugar Momma can tolerate is me. I'm just hot so I'm conditioned for Hades; some people call it Hell but I call it Hades.

Google sent me some mail because I am so important and special and for some reason it made me think about Koogle. I must be hungry. Do any of you MIDDLE-agers remember Koogle Peanut Butter? I loved that stuff. My favorite flavor was banana but I liked chocolate too. They also had cinnamon and vanilla but I don't remember eating those flavors. Man the 1970's were a great time to be a kid. Tang (General Foods) and Koogle (Kraft) and Quisp and Quake (Quaker Oats). And I wonder why I had to lose weight as an adult. Come on Kraft Foods and Quaker Oats/PepsiCo...how about retro-foods? we can make them healthier and still taste good with our advances in technology over the past 30 years. I'm willing to head up these new divisions. I would love to make Koogle Banana Peanut Butter Cookies or Quisp Crispy Squares (not only delicious but fun to try to say)! The fun never ends at Matt In The Middle Foods...a division of Kraft and Quaker Oats.

Times have changed in the world of car travel since I was a kid. Our vehicles these days are like mobile entertainment capitals. On our trip to SIU and back: my son was watching every episode of Star Wars, I was running my own radio station through my i-Pod and using a devise that tells me where to drive (GPS), my daughter was watching Flight of the Conchords on her MAC computer, my wife was listening to NPR on her i-Pod Touch while doing Instructional Designing on her laptop and we were all texting (not me because I was driving and that would have been illegal) and making phone calls to people throughout the world. The four of us did more technologically in our twelve hours in the car than some small countries do in a decade. I miss the fighting we did on trips when I was a kid.

Speaking of technology, I read (yes, in a newspaper not on an electronic devise) that Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts and Jessica Biel are at the top of the list of the most dangerous celebrities to search on computer search engines according to McAfee computer security software. Cyber criminals have determined these celebs are the perfect lures to sucker people into visiting malicious websites. Why do people have to be mean just for the sake of being mean? I never understood computer viruses and worms and whatever other nastiness people try. Why can't we just play nice?

They had an auction to sell items from Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's storage unit to pay for his past storage fees. The remainder of the money is going to charity. Only in the MIDDLE states (well, maybe in California too...okay, maybe in Las Vegas...alright maybe anywhere in the U.S. but nowhere else) do you have an Elvis impersonator at an auction for a governor's belongings.

The weekend's here; come on out to DeKalb (the number one name in corn) for CornFest this weekend. Last year Lady Antebellum was the headliner and now they are huge...Dekalb is the new music capital of the MIDDLEwest and beyond; we have Star Power. Have a great Saturday; I'll blog you again tomorrow.

Post script - usually when I was just about finishing up my blog my daughter was coming in the door...she's been gone to college less than one day and I miss her tremendously already. We may have to move to the SouthernMIDDLE which is hotter than Hades. Some people call it Hell but I call it Hades.

** hades graphic thou shalt not stolen from fanpop.com, koogle photo spread from flickr.com & cybercrime photo cybercrimed from topnews.in **

No comments:

Post a Comment