Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pop Tarts and Upside-Down Cake MM Good!

The Pop Tarts Cafe opened Tuesday in Times Square in New York City. Kellogg was one of the first stocks that I ever bought and I still have the shares that I purchased. So, on one hand I am really glad they are trying to stay innovative with my portfolio but on the other hand I kind of wish they would go the healthier route. Some of their menu items at the Pop Tart Cafe include: Pop Tart sushi (different kinds of Pop Tarts crumbled up and rolled inside of different Fruit Roll-Ups), Fluffer Butters which are frosted fudge Pop Tarts stuck together by Fluffer Nutter spread and Cinna Munchies which are cinnamon rolls covered in cream cheese and Cinnamon Roll flavored Pop Tarts. Kellogg's website (www.kelloggcompany.com) states, "Our founder, W.K. Kellogg, had a strong commitment to nutrition, health and quality. His vision continues to drive improvement in our products and processes, with the goal of providing great-tasting, nutritious products that meet the most rigorous quality standards." I am sure Mr. Kellogg was thinking about Fluffer Butters and Cinna Munchies when he envisioned nutrition and health. Probably not ironically, Tuesday was also National Smores Day. Shouldn't that day always fall on a weekend so we can have campfires?

Sugar Momma got home Tuesday night from her trip to Effingham. Now, early Wednesday morning I have to drive her to the MIDDLE of the orchard (ORD - O'Hare International Airport) so she can go to Tampa, Florida. Thursday is her birthday and she will be there until Friday so we had her birthday tonight. She got a new I-pod Touch and I loaded all of my movies and songs and podcasts on it for her for her trip. I also made Pineapple Upside-down Cake; which she wanted. Was the upside-down part a mistake when the first person made upside-down cake? Either way it would be healthy enough to be on the Pop Tart Cafe menu.

Speaking of Cafes. I spend the evening at the open mic night last night at The House Cafe. I know I am starting to sound like I am the official blogger for The House but I pretty much blog what I do and what I observe and Monday night I observed The House again. What a great time I had. I got there at about 6:30 PM and had one of their great veggie pizzas and a beer and watched the show. It was a cross between American Idol and The Gong Show. There were great acts and good acts and some acts that were entertaining but are still works-in-progress. There was: slide guitars and poetry and Grand Ole Opry soliloquies and an eleven-year-old hip-hop/freestyle artist and belly dancers and electric guitar solos... I left at 10:00PM but the show was still going strong when I left and it was going until 1:00 PM. The show's host, Matthew Clark, kept the show moving and entertaining for everyone. I had a great time and I will probably go back next week. Splenda has been there several times before and said she will go with me next week so I don't look like such a creeper. I will bring my balloons and airhorn as requested to the crowd by Emcee Extraordinaire Matthew. Come on out for a little bit...it's a blast. ** Look at this picture of Matthew and hip hop artist Little Greg. At the right of the photo toward the back of the stage there is a little whitish/clear orb. I have a couple different photos that have orbs floating at the back of the stage. Some of them with larger orbs that this one. Those ghost hunter shows and the movie The Sixth Sense tell us these are spirits. Maybe I should be having my October 30th seance at The House? If I were a spirit this is where I'd hang out. But I'd be a hip spirit...now that I think about it I already am hanging out there. Maybe I'm like Bruce Willis and I don't know it yet? Time to do some history research. The other photo shows the fortune-telling banjo and mandolin I blogged about yesterday. **

It was a good start on our lottery eight-ball in Illinois. The numbers I told you to pick, and that I bought a ticket for, were 1, 2, 12, 14, 22 and mega number 5. The numbers were just drawn and they were: 2, 14, 26, 50, 56 and mega number 12. Pretty good start - got 2 of the 5 and the mega number was one of the regular five numbers. Overall, we got 3 out of 6 on our first try which pays ZERO. I am going to stick with these numbers every Tuesday and Friday until I win the big one. Maybe one of you in a different state or country will win this week. It's worth $2.00 a week for the entertainment-value alone.

Alright I have to get up early to drive the MITM (matt in the middle) limo to O'Hare. Have a nice humpty, I like my oatmeal lumpy ridiculous day! I still need a Medium for that seance if you know someone. Maybe we can do a seance at Open Mic night at The Hizzety House! Blog you later roller skater!

** buddy the elf photo snap, crackle and popped from reelguys.podbeam.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment