Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today - All Health Breaks Loose!

Well, the trip to Canada and/or Mexico became unnecessary today as when we went to Walgreens we talked to the pharmacists and he called the doctor who let us get something that cost $9.09 rather than $350. What a racket the pharmaceutical industry is. My Canadian is a little rusty because I haven't been up in the attic for several years. I spent most of this morning watching old SC-TV episodes and listening to Rush (the rock band not the windbag) and Barenaked Ladies (they don't sound as sexy as they look - I'm blogging about Rush, the band, and bare naked ladies, the females not the band). Good thing we got it worked out before I got ready to take off to the great white north even though it's a beauty way to go, eh? So, Sugar Momma is feeling better and I have downgraded her from having ACUTE bronchitis to only having your basic bronchitis and I handed her a bill for $1,200.

I heard that Gidget the Taco Bell Chihuahua died about a month ago. Yo Quiero when a famous dog dies. Yo better tell me next time; I Quiero to know! I didn't find out until today that the bitch had died (I mean bitch in the sense that she was a female dog) when I tried to call to see if she'd go with me to Mexico to get antibiotics and vanilla. It would have been a pain to travel with her anyway because even though she sounded like Cheech Marin she was not as fun to have around...very high maintenance. How come a dog selling tacos worked but cats and rodents selling submarine sandwiches doesn't? Maybe because the dog wasn't behind the counter or walking on the food; more of a dog-about-town like I am a clown-around-town.

I slept on the couch last night and probably will again tonight so I don't get acute bronchitis; I'm acute enough already. I want to stay fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox. Where did fit as a fiddle come from? Strong as an ox makes sense. Healthy as (what)? There has to be one of those sayings about being healthy. Healthy as Jack LaLane? Healthy as Richard Simmons? Healthy as a church mouse (no, that's quiet). Healthy as Euell Gibbons? I just wiki'd Euell and found out that we have the same birthday (and coincidentally, both born in 1911 too). If it weren't for Grape Nuts we wouldn't even know who the heck old Euell was. Healthy as a mule? No, that's stubborn. Oh...it's healthy as a horse! Why a horse? Tortoises live for like hundreds of years right? Lets change it to "healthy as a tortoise." As long as we're talking health I heard a study that drinking too much tea is being linked to kidney stones. I have had kidney stones twice in my life and I don't wish them on Osama - okay maybe on Osama but nobody else. I used to drink a lot of tea but now it's water and wine and margaritas and mai tais (I must like the way W's and M's look like peaks and valleys). Sounds like a line from a country song... "Margaritas and Mai Tais turn water to wine!" (Could be our first hit Dena..."I'm a little bit Mai Tai and you're a little bit water and wine")

Alright it's long enough (TWSS). Tomorrow I will talk about Splenda heading off to college and what that's starting to do to my limited stump of a brain. I hope you have a nice Monday but I wish that for you every week. Monday night is Open Mic Night at The House Cafe' and I will be there waiting for you again...come on out! I'll let you know what week we will be on stage with our new song "Margaritas, Mai Tais, Water and Wine." Blog you tomorrow, TTFN!

** bob and doug and geddy taken off from cygnus-x1.com, taco bell dog ran from the border of buzzdemon.com & healthy monday digested from uhs.berkeley.edu **

No comments:

Post a Comment