Thursday, August 19, 2010

How Can The South Rise Again Without Wifi?

So, today I was minding my own business just sitting in a stadium in Pamplona writing my blog and suddenly I'm being gored by a bull. It's not like I was trying to participate in the Running Of The Bulls; I was just minding by own business. What is it with all of these European sporting events having problems in the audience. Bulls jump into the crowd and injure people in Spain and the entire European continent has problems with soccer riots. I think it's kharma for calling soccer futball. The Ms. Universe Pageant is coming soon. I have a problem with this event and I am calling racism. No...I am calling planetism. How can they call themself a Universal competitition when no one from any other planet than Earth has ever won this event?

I guess we're down to one child. One is on her own at college now. It's kind of weird because Splenda is five years older than Sparky so she was an "only child" for five years and now she is away at college so Sparky, who is 13, is now an "only child" for five years until he is off to college.

I am starting to think Roz is afraid of hard work. The last two times that I really was counting on her to step up, pun intended, and count my steps (pedometer) she has been AWOL (absent without leave). When we went to Brookfield Zoo a couple of weeks ago she managed to escape my pocket and stay in the car all day. And now, when I walked up and down 13 flights of stairs and all over campus she managed to stay in the other pair of shorts instead of the ones I was wearing. You know I love Roz but she really needs to start pulling her weight when it comes to the step-counting.

Southern Illinois University has a beautiful brand new football stadium and a new state-of-the-art basketball arena but they do not have Wifi in the dorms. How is this possible? Another sign that we are in the Deeper MIDDLEsouth. Dekalb, Illinois is in Dekalb County but Marion, Illinois is two counties south of Marion County...who is running the bottom part of the state?

There is a highway-side store called "Adult Time" just north of Dix, Illinois.

I am exhausted so I am going to cut this one short (TWSS). It's Friday so hopefully you'll be in a good mood and cut me some slack. I still haven't checked Tuesday's lottery numbers so I may have won but I will play tomorrow anyway just in case I didn't win. If I win twice in the same week so be it. Have a Friday to end all Friday's! I will blog you again tomorrow whether you like it or not (hopefully you do). Later escalator...

No comments:

Post a Comment