Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Saved Another Life Today - No Big Whoop!

I am truly a chick magnet! Today there was a baby bird on the sidewalk in front of our house. Accompanied by the neighborhood Little Rascals (it must have been a He-Man Woman Haters Club meeting because there was no Darla present), I picked the bird up and found that he/she seemed fine other than the fact that it was just starting to learn to fly and got a quick lesson in gravity. The bird did not seem scared but flapped it's wings to show me it was okay. I sent Sparky to the backyard to get an abandoned nest that had fallen from a tree when we had high winds and had him bring it around to the front yard for me. I knew that nest would come in handy eventually. I put the nest in the tree the bird had been lying under and put the baby bird in the nest. I then put some bird seed and bread in the nest and hand-fed the bird a little bread. Then I made the Little Rascals go off and do what Little Rascals do and eventually the bird was gone. Either his/her parents, who had a nest much higher in the tree, came down and took him/her to the De'Luxe Apartment In The Sky or he/she flew up there him/herself. There was no signs of shenanigans and there was no bird below. What is it with me and being The Bird Whisperer this year? Tiki Sanders - Bird whisperer! There are more photos of my incredible act of heroism on my Facebook photos. If we're not Facebook friends yet send me a request. I could never have too many friends.

I'm a total MILF (Matt's I'd Like to Facebook)

I went to Walmart today and found that the college students are back in town. Walmart was a chaotic zoo. I love having the students in town because it's a much more vibrant place and they bring revenue to our city but I hate having them all at the same store I'm at all at the same time. Welcome back students...read my blog to find out my itinerary and try to avoid being where I am going to be please...thank you.

I'm leaving for the South soon; Southern Illinois anyway. It's funny how you get just a couple hours South of Northern Illinois and people have thick Southern accents. I am not sure if that makes them not MIDDLEwesterners or not. I tend to mark this sort of thing with state lines but I don't suppose MIDDLE and SOUTH and NORTH know where the state lines are. I should try to define the MIDDLEwest...that will give me something to do while I drive six hours south...I got a lot of thinnin' to do while everybody else sleeps. A lot of maps you see include North Dakota and Minnesota in the MIDDLE west yet they are north - almost in our attic - Canada.

I keep wondering "self, what are we all doing here?" I also decided that worrying is a good thing. If you have worries that means you have something worth losing. And then I worriedly wondered..."really, what are we all doing here?"

Today between going to Walmart and saving lives I helped to save the planet. Two of our toilets started dripping inside of the tanks. This is caused by worn flappers, which just happens over time, so while I was at Walmart I bought two new flappers and replaced them in these two toilet tanks. It cost a grand total of $3.00 and about 15 minutes of my time to help conserve the Earth's water and help lower my water bill....we all win! If you need assistance with your flappers let me know; I can walk you through it or maybe I could make a house call.

Okay...that's it for today...hold on, let me see if we won the Illinois Mega Millions lottery for Tuesday...they haven't posted the numbers yet so until I see that we lost we still have a chance. You can check yourself if you want - 1, 2, 12, 14, 22 and mega ball # 5. I will check and let you know tomorrow. Remember, I will play these numbers every Tuesday and Friday until we they all match. Thanks for stopping by. Wednesday's goal for all of us is to make dis murld a better pace ip du tan! Blog you later fried green tomater!

** midwest graphic emancipated from midwesterninfo.net & flapper photo charleston'd from eb23-condevilalva.edu.pt **

No comments:

Post a Comment