Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Break on Through to the Other Side!

I just ran my daughter to Rochelle. You want to talk about the middle of the cornfield; try driving from DeKalb through Creston and into Rochelle - SA LUTE! When I was driving by the truck stop in Rochelle I never put this together before. It's the Rochelle Petro. On The Dick Van Dyke Show the Petries lived in New Rochelle; they were the New Rochelle Petries. Did you ever hear what Mary Tyler Moore called Dick Van Dyke? Penis Von Lesbian...it's really funny to hear MTM say it.

Thursday is Farmer's Market day. I know I talk about it every week. That's because I am an obsessive compulsive freak who just happens to love farmer's markets. My goal this week is to make dinner entirely from ingredients bought at the farmer's market. Sugar Momma came home Wednesday night and said she had been craving those Caprese sandwiches I made on the grill (recipe is still over there ----> I think). I bet I can get all of the ingredients I need at the market. I know there are a couple of bakers (including my favorite Sunny Day Bakery), I know there is a guy who sells fresh cheese (mozzarella), tomatoes should be easy, basil may bet a problem but I bet I can get that easy enough there and olive oil I already have. That's it for the sandwiches. Then I can get some berries of some type (they always have plenty of kinds of berries) and maybe some shortcakes or something or I could mix them with the Sunny Day Bakery granola that I get every week. I guess I will just print out this blog for my shopping list.

I haven't gotten over to see Dinner With Schmucks though maybe I can just write about our Caprese dinner. I will get there ad review it for you. I did, however, while I was out and about applying for jobs and grocery shopping today stop at Blockbuster Video (ca-ching) and rent a couple of new releases. I got Kick-Ass and Hot-Tub Time Machine (which I promised Stacee awhile back that I would review that). I watched Kick-Ass right away and I will review it sometime Thursday but I need to watch Hot-Tub Time machine and get that reviewed too. Have I ever mentioned that fact that I love movies?

I remembered my dreams from last night again. Benadryl makes me sleep deep enough that I actually dream. I told you I would tell you my last three dreams (the only three I have had in about ten years). I only wrote down a little of Tuesday night's dream, mainly because I write them when I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm in a Jim Morrison Benadryl coma or something. So, Tuesday night I was back-packing via motorcycle through a mountain range in Germany and I pulled over at a roadside lodge to have some spaghetti which I ate on my bike. The dream I had before that one was (and this is word for word as I wrote it in the MIDDLE of the night, "I was at some huge school building the size of the Smithsonian and there were all of the NFL teams practicing inside. After their practices there was a state final football game and our fantasy football draft was held there too. I was looking for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees to come over to our draft to help me draft but I couldn't find the room. My friend Mike called and asked if I could pick him up some food on the way to the draft and I was just wandering around." The third dream was the one I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and I said I was going to use it in my screenplay (which I am) but it means nothing as a dream but here it is, word for word; "there is some kind of weird plane that flies overhead. 'it's nothing' someone says. 'It might be something,' I say, 'Everything might be something.' I hear rain or a shower or ceiling fan or applause." So, we know I dream about food and nonsense. I know some of you will tell me what these mean but I figure if I keep taking Benadryl my movie should write itself in about a month or so. You know you're in your MIDDLE years when you don't dream about girls any more...you dream about food and motorcycles and football players.

I worked out again tonight but I think I got a better aerobic workout hanging the clothes outside today. I would reach up to hang something on the clothesline and then I'd have to swat a mosquito on my left leg, I'd reach up to put another clothes pin on the line and have to swat a mosquito on my back then I'd have to shake my hump, my hump, my lovely Matty bump, check it out. What should have taken about ten minutes took about a half an hour and burned 200 calories and now I have more Braille body language so I should be easier to read.

Okay...blog got away from me again. I haven't even taken any sleep-aid tonight. I guess I'm just generally blogative. Have a super Thursday. I have been told that Thursday is the most depressing day of the week. I think it's Wednesday. Prove me right and have a great day. Blog you later mashed potater!

** hee haw photo saluted from morethings.com, psychedelic graphic peyote induced from dragoncourt.net & mosquito workout cartoon rights not obtained from cartoonstock.com **

2 comments: